FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 12-23-2014, 10:42 PM

Default cordell hull today

Fished cordell hull for a few hours today before the thunder and rain ran me off the water.
Marked alot of bait and scattered fish around the dam. Couldnt get a hit though. Started jigging from the ramp and had a few fish hit and hooked/lost but didnt feel very big. Thats a rough stretch of water to jig at even just 17,000 cfs. Im not a fan of jigging the usual 1oz plus sauger jigs.
I did have some excitement however....snagged a stick, about 3 ft long and big around as a banana....not once, not twice but 3 times in the course of about 150 yards. Lol....i know it was the same stick cause it had a forked end on it. I couldnt believe it....the third time i grabbed that slimy muddy thing and hucked it as far as i could toward the bank. Lol.
Almost to the caney i heard some noise up on the bank, saw a pretty big buck running along the bank....behind him was another nice buck chasing him....they ran circles around a group of briars several times before disappearing into the woods. Like a dog chasing a cat....lol. Ive seen bucks chase bucks but never in a comical way like that.
So no fish but i had some fun with that stick and had a good laugh at the deer.....good morning on the water.
Old 12-23-2014, 11:39 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Well fishing isn't always about catching. Sounds like a neat day.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-24-2014, 12:44 AM

Fishing above the dam Ive seen a bald eagle try to steal a fish from a blue heron, the heron held its ground Cordell Hull is a great place for solitude.
Old 12-24-2014, 10:30 AM

Yeah it is a really pretty stretch of river. I wanted to just take a cruise up the caney since ive never been before but the rain convinced me otherwise. Lol