FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > General Discussion > Fishing Gear
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 03-19-2014, 01:49 PM

Default All Pro Rods and Lew's BB2 Wide reel

I used my new All Pro Rods EL7HC, Hercules II Blaster, and APX Swim Bait Special a LOT this past week. These things are 100% legit. Super light, super strong, and incredibly sensitive/responsive. I threw everything from shallow to deep diving cranks to 3/8 spinnerbaits to weightless Zoom Horny Toads to lipless cranks to soft plastics ranging from 4" creature baits to 10" worms on the EL7HC. The Swim Bait rod handled big swim baits, Alabama rigs, weedless frogs, and Carolina rigs; while the Hercules II Blaster tossed shallow and deep diving cranks and spinnerbaits up to 1 oz with #7 willow leaf blades. I had zero problems dealing with this wide selection of lures on 3 rod models. I caught bass and pickerel and a gator (very interesting once I got it to the kayak) and didn't feel like I wanted a different rod. I seriously recommend checking out All Pro Rods for your next rod purchase. They have a great warranty, too, which I may be glad to have once I use them on TN's striped tackle busters

The Lew's BB2 Wide reel (6.4:1 retrieve) was on the Swim Bait rod and is as close to perfect a reel as I wanted. Smooth casting/retrieving, stout drag, great line capacity (190 yds/14 lb mono or 200+ yds/50 lb Power Pro), no slop, and great price ($169.99 at Hook 1). The entire Lew's line has been rebranded and they've made some very good reels, even better considering their price.

Chris Bryant
Old 03-20-2014, 07:50 AM
Fishing TN Staff

I've been throwing almost all Shimano Cumara's for the past 2.5 years, and last spring I picked up two Atlantis series All Pro Rods and thought hmmmmm, not to shabby. So then I picked up a few APX Elites, and SMG (Smallmouth Guru's). I'm thinning out the Shimano Cumara's now because the All Pro rods are of excellent quality and craftsmanship, built here in Middle Tennessee, great warranty, and can be expedited quickly if needed. The All Pro rods are lightweight, sensitive, and have a great backbone. The components are top notch.