FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > General Discussion > Sports Lounge - General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 02-27-2014, 09:27 AM

Default Craig's list ad

I hope that this is visible for all to see. Not sure how much truth in it but sure makes a good story.

AN ACTUAL CRAIG'S LIST PERSONALS AD
To the Guy Who Tried to Mug Me in Downtown Savannah night before last.
Date: 2010-09-27, 1:43 am. E.S.T.
I was the guy wearing the black Burberry jacket that you demanded that I hand over, shortly after you pulled the knife on me and my girlfriend, threatening our lives. You also asked for my girlfriend's purse and earrings. I can only hope that you somehow come across this rather important message.
First, I'd like to apologize for your embarrassment; I didn't expect you to actually crap in your pants when I drew my pistol after you took my jacket.. The evening was not that cold, and I was wearing the jacket for a reason.. my girlfriend was happy that I just returned safely from my 2nd tour as a Combat Marine in Afghanistan .. She had just bought me that Kimber Custom Model 1911 .45 ACP pistol for my birthday, and we had picked up a shoulder holster for it that very evening. Obviously you agree that it is a very intimidating weapon when pointed at your head ... isn't it?!
I know it probably wasn't fun walking back to wherever you'd come from with crap in your pants. I'm sure it was even worse walking bare-footed since I made you leave your shoes, cell phone, and wallet with me. [That prevented you from calling or running to your buddies to come help mug us again].
After I called your mother or "Momma" as you had her listed in your cell, I explained the entire episode of what you'd done. Then I went and filled up my gas tank as well as those of four other people in the gas station, -- on your credit card. The guy with the big motor home took 153 gallons and was extremely grateful!
I gave your shoes to a homeless guy outside Vinnie Van Go Go's, along with all the cash in your wallet. [That made his day!]
I then threw your wallet into the big pink "pimp mobile" that was parked at the curb ..... after I broke the windshield and side window and keyed the entire driver's side of the car.
Earlier, I managed to get in two threatening phone calls to the DA's office and one to the FBI, while mentioning President Obama as my possible target.
The FBI guy seemed really intense and we had a nice long chat (I guess while he traced your number etc.).
;In a way, perhaps I should apologize for not killing you ... but I feel this type of retribution is a far more appropriate punishment for your threatened crime. I wish you well as you try to sort through some of these rather immediate pressing issues, and can only hope that you have the opportunity to reflect upon, and perhaps reconsider, the career path you've chosen to pursue in life.. Remember, next time you might not be so lucky. Have a good day!
Thoughtfully yours, Semper Fi
Old 02-27-2014, 10:27 AM

Not real, it's been around for a while but it's still funny.
Old 02-27-2014, 10:47 AM

I have a question about craigslist if anyone has any ideas. I contacted a guy about a boat motor two times by email by tapping the reply button on the corner of his ad. I have not been contacted back, and he did not leave a cell phone number or any way of contacting him. Is craigslist so loaded with junk emails and spammers that he's probably just throwing it in the trash file?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-27-2014, 10:57 AM

I get a lot of emails sent to my junk email from people on craigslist.
Old 02-27-2014, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxthejuicexX View Post
Not real, it's been around for a while but it's still funny.
What does that have to do with being real? Merv and I have been around a while and we are real.
Old 02-27-2014, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutFiend View Post
I have a question about craigslist if anyone has any ideas. I contacted a guy about a boat motor two times by email by tapping the reply button on the corner of his ad. I have not been contacted back, and he did not leave a cell phone number or any way of contacting him. Is craigslist so loaded with junk emails and spammers that he's probably just throwing it in the trash file?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I get irritated with those who post without a phone # and then will not respond. Why bother to list if you do not want to sell?
When I post on CL I always advise that I prefer a phone call to email and that I will not respond to my ad if the potential buyer does not give a legitimate phone # on his email.
Old 02-27-2014, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMBOLIE View Post
What does that have to do with being real? Merv and I have been around a while and we are real.

I have never met you so I don't know you are real.... for all I know you could be the same prince of Nigeria I sent my bank account info to that PM'd me a short time back. If that is you I still have not received my money.
Old 02-27-2014, 11:22 AM

Quote:
I have never met you so I don't know you are real.... for all I know you could be the same prince of Nigeria I sent my bank account info to that PM'd me a short time back. If that is you I still have not received my money.

The check is in the mail. Trust me!!!!!!!

I look forward to meeting you at the outing.
Old 02-27-2014, 11:43 AM

Quote:
The check is in the mail. Trust me!!!!!!!

I look forward to meeting you at the outing.

I won't make it to the outing this spring, I will be on lake Guntersville fishing from the April 30th to May 4th. Stinks I am going to miss everyone but it's my yearly outing with the boys.
Old 02-27-2014, 01:51 PM

Quote:
I get irritated with those who post without a phone # and then will not respond. Why bother to list if you do not want to sell?
When I post on CL I always advise that I prefer a phone call to email and that I will not respond to my ad if the potential buyer does not give a legitimate phone # on his email.
the best is when they really up-sell thier item...."looks great", "fresh paint"...blah blah blah....but they never post a picture! LOL....they want you to contact them and THEN they will send you pictures if you want them to! LOL...no thats OK, judging by your good typing skills, im assuming your a very trust worthy person and will buy said item, sight unseen for the exact amount your asking! LOL.
Old 02-28-2014, 06:38 AM

Quote:
I won't make it to the outing this spring, I will be on lake Guntersville fishing from the April 30th to May 4th. Stinks I am going to miss everyone but it's my yearly outing with the boys.
I am sorry that you will not be there but man that sure sounds like a fun trip. I hope you have a safe trip and catch a boat load of fish.

Wintzells Oyster House is an excellent place to eat in Guntersville.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:10 AM

[QUOTE=SAMBOLIE;46828 Wintzells Oyster House is an excellent place to eat in Guntersville.[/QUOTE]

Yes it is sir. We usually do a sit down dinner one night at Wintzells or Craw Mama's. I think this year I am going to try and do a fish fry one night, we have a big lake house with plenty of room to cook.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Yes it is sir. We usually do a sit down dinner one night at Wintzells or Craw Mama's. I think this year I am going to try and do a fish fry one night, we have a big lake house with plenty of room to cook.
Where will you buy the fish for the cook out?
Old 02-28-2014, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Where will you buy the fish for the cook out?

I was hoping I could get some from you. I am sure you have an abundance right?
Old 02-28-2014, 09:56 AM

Quote:
I was hoping I could get some from you. I am sure you have an abundance right?
Juice, I haven't kept any fish that I caught in years. Mainly because I do not keep smallies over 6 lbs.