FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 01-31-2014, 09:46 PM

Default Priest 1/31

Fished out of Jefferson Spring 2pm-5pm. Putting in and taking out is a headache to say the least. When I arrived there were two guys who had tried to get there Xpress Aluminum bassboat in and couldn't, it was their fourth attempt at different ramps, ice being there problem elsewhere. My boat was a little lighter so I was able to push it off the trailer and poled out to deeper water. I went down stream hoping to start fishing where Spring and Stones meet. When I got to the first bend after the water intake station ice went complete across the river. It wasn't very thick, 1-2 inches and I could break through it but I couldn't see where it ended going down stream so I decided to turn back and try a different plan. I mainly just explored back upstream about 1 mile above the Jefferson PK bridge. There were small patches of ice but nothing major. The water was a clear and pretty as I have ever seen it. Water temps ranged from 37 - 40 and there was a moderate amount of baitfish showing up. I managed to catch 8 crappie, 4 being keepers and one small hybrid. All of the fish were caught in 20ft on minnows. Talked to a guy as I was leaving who was looking for a place to put in Saturday, he said a lot of the ramps were iced in and he had a fiberglass boat, no way he could have launched at Jefferson Springs. I would think most of the ice would be gone by tomorrow especially if the sun comes out.

Last edited by Farley; 01-31-2014 at 09:49 PM.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:06 PM

Nice job. Did the crappie come off brush piles?

http://www.setyourhookbaits.com/

Romans 1:16 Not Ashamed
Old 01-31-2014, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekcrappie View Post
Nice job. Did the crappie come off brush piles?
Yes, on the edge of the channel.