FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 01-06-2014, 10:46 PM

Default Lead Head Jigs

Hey guys, the boat & fishing show is coming up next month and last year there was a vendor there selling unpainted lead heads in bulk for super cheap. They came in a clear bag and i think the maker was Po' Boy or Poor Boy. Is anybody familiar with them? Are they local for purchase outside of the fishing show?
I plan on loading up again this year but it would be nice if they were local to buy them thru out the year.
Thanks!
Old 01-06-2014, 11:37 PM

Po' Boy makes heavy sauger jigs with a stinger hook attached to it.. If they're selling unpainted jigs cheap, it may make it worth going to the boat/fishing show...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-07-2014, 08:42 AM
Woody

You can go to Walkers Bait and Tackle in Hendersonville and get them there all year round...................woody
Old 01-07-2014, 09:31 AM

yeah i got several bags at last years fishing show and they were cheap, so i plan on doing the same thing again this year, just get more and different sizes. if i remember right, it was like $3 or something for 50 1/4 oz. heads. and other sizes and quantities.
I was at walkers saturday morning. pretty nice place. They are still getting inventory in but its gonna be a nice place. They have some great minnows too, the nice shiners!
Old 01-23-2014, 08:37 PM

Do they sell 1/16 ounce lead heads? Also, do any of you guys powder paint jig heads? I am looking to get into that.

http://www.setyourhookbaits.com/

Romans 1:16 Not Ashamed
Old 01-23-2014, 10:01 PM

Default Po' Boys Baits

This might be him. I think I remember him saying he would make to order. I kept his card.

Po' Boys Baits
915 Lemont Ct.
Nashville, TN 37216
Jimmy Hymer
615-227-2309
Old 01-23-2014, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNBronzeback View Post
yeah i got several bags at last years fishing show and they were cheap, so i plan on doing the same thing again this year, just get more and different sizes. if i remember right, it was like $3 or something for 50 1/4 oz. heads. and other sizes and quantities.
I was at walkers saturday morning. pretty nice place. They are still getting inventory in but its gonna be a nice place. They have some great minnows too, the nice shiners!
That is cheap, over the years I have poured up and painted many, if I could of got them that cheap, I wouldn't of ever invested all that time and money into pouring my own.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:37 PM
nashvillefishingguides.co

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekcrappie View Post
Do they sell 1/16 ounce lead heads? Also, do any of you guys powder paint jig heads? I am looking to get into that.
Isaac, all it takes is the powdered paint you buy from BassPro or online, a cheapo toaster oven, and a heat source like a propane torch or gas stove burner. I just heat the jigs up for a few seconds over my propane torch, dip them in the paint color of my choosing, hang them on a wire rack to cool.

After they cool, use a jig "eye buster" to break the paint out of the hook eye, hang them on the wire rack in the oven, turn it on to 350 degrees for 20 minutes and you are done. Let them cool and there you go. Be sure to get the paint out of the hook eye before you bake the jigs. Very tough to do after they've been baked. I know, I didn't clear the eyes on my first batch. Hard lesson to learn.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:53 AM
Woody

Quote:
Anything you want know about making and powder painting and tying I have done for over 23 years my young friend..................woody
Old 01-24-2014, 03:03 AM
Woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by agelesssone View Post
Isaac, all it takes is the powdered paint you buy from BassPro or online, a cheapo toaster oven, and a heat source like a propane torch or gas stove burner. I just heat the jigs up for a few seconds over my propane torch, dip them in the paint color of my choosing, hang them on a wire rack to cool.

After they cool, use a jig "eye buster" to break the paint out of the hook eye, hang them on the wire rack in the oven, turn it on to 350 degrees for 20 minutes and you are done. Let them cool and there you go. Be sure to get the paint out of the hook eye before you bake the jigs. Very tough to do after they've been baked. I know, I didn't clear the eyes on my first batch. Hard lesson to learn.
Find a wire that will fit through the eye of that size hook and heat the end till it's red hot and it will go right through the painted eye.................woody
Old 01-24-2014, 03:54 AM

Default jigs

I'm not familar with that company but I make jigheads and hair jigs my 1/32 and 1/16oz. has 2 keepers on it my price for those are $0.12 ea. for the unpainted ones if interested message me I would appreciate the opportunity and the business
Old 01-28-2014, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Old 01-28-2014, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Yes we do carry the 1/16 jig head. We carry the 10 pack or I can order you bulk for you. We are located at 105 Sandersferry Rd Hendersonville.
Old 02-10-2014, 02:31 PM

Po Boys is great! Support local small business whenever possible. Whether it be Po Boys or whomever... Sure you may pay a couple more pennies, but those pennies stay here in America!!!
Old 02-10-2014, 02:50 PM

I bought jigheads, buzz baits,and some slab spoons from po' boys. They all look great. I have yet to test the buzz baits and slab spoons yet, but the jig heads preform like any other. All the baits were very cheap. 4 for $5 for buzz baits. $0.50 for each slab spoon. $0.75 for 10 pack of 1/16 ounce jig heads.

http://www.setyourhookbaits.com/

Romans 1:16 Not Ashamed