FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > General Discussion > Sports Lounge - General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 12-28-2013, 11:49 AM

Default Cudo's For Hook1 Hendersonville, TN

Had an opportunity to run up to Hook1 in Hendersonville on Friday with my son.

What a great shop with wonderful staff. I was there to primarily to gauk. A Staff member approached and asked if he could help. "Well I was just looking" i said.
But happened to be standing in front of the fish grabbers in multible colors. He asked "fish at night?" Yep. "well , this one glows in the dark" . I grabed that one. Wound up getting a bunch of loose trim hardware for the kayak.

In the process of being there ran in Chris Bryant, he was picking up his kayak after having some mods done. We shared some good conversations, shared a few tips both ways.

Oh and by the way, the staff member was none other than Joe Houbenreigh, the fishing tackle guro.

We finally got out of there at 5 pm.

I had looked on line about ordering from Hook1. I'm sure glad I visited there first. Now I have a real warm and fuzzy feeling when I order on line. Can't say enough.

Hammy
Old 12-28-2013, 02:27 PM

It's a great shop and has great people. They've been very helpful to me.

My little girl loves going there too because she likes to seat sample all the yaks.
Old 12-28-2013, 03:00 PM
nashvillefishingguides.co

I only live a few miles from there and go by all the time. I'm AFRAID to stop in. I am very bad about impulse buying new gadgets. So I stay away so I don't end up with a yak in the garage.
Old 12-28-2013, 06:18 PM
Dakota S

You are correct really great store!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-28-2013, 10:46 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Glad I don't live close...LOL.

Regards
Old 12-29-2013, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agelesssone View Post
I only live a few miles from there and go by all the time. I'm AFRAID to stop in. I am very bad about impulse buying new gadgets. So I stay away so I don't end up with a yak in the garage.
Just buy something to add to your boat for trolling...they have a ton of Ram and Scotty accessories. That should get you in the shop to check it out, then satisfy your impulse buy "problem" with something you won't have to explain later, lol.

Chris Bryant
Old 12-29-2013, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txnative View Post
Just buy something to add to your boat for trolling...they have a ton of Ram and Scotty accessories. That should get you in the shop to check it out, then satisfy your impulse buy "problem" with something you won't have to explain later, lol.

Chris Bryant
It's what I did Merv.

I bought some of the Mighty Mounts to mount in the front deck and back for my bass boat.

Then set of Zooka Tubes and will pick set of ram tubes as well

zooka

tubes

Now everything is interchangeable with my yak but more importantly all I have to do is unscrew the RAM ball from the small Might Mount leaving just that plate on the deck of the big boat. Nothing in the way when not in use but when I want to use them its almost infinitely adjustable for trolling.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:01 AM
Fishing TN Staff

They carry stuff for all anglers, just not kayakers. They carry the full line of All Pro rods, and ABU Garcia, they carry Lucky Strike cranks, and many other soft plastics, and terminal tackle.