FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > General Discussion > Sports Lounge - General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 10-07-2013, 07:04 PM

Default OK to ask a muzzle-loader question on here? I'll quickly delete if not appropriate

If it is not against the rules, I wanted to get any feedback and opinions on muzzle-loaders...I am in the market for a middle of the road one, around $350 or so and I respect all your opinions on fishing so thought I'd ask for any recommendations. Open to any models, etc.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:48 PM

I like the CVA's.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:18 AM
rookie

I agree with JD, i had a Knight before and kept on loosing deer and that was if the gun ever went off, I got CVA Optima pro a few years ago and I love it!!, that thing goes boom!! everty time, my range extended considerably, my accuracy improved a lot and I have yet to loose a deer shot with this gun, about 3 years ago a bought a second Optima with a shorter barrel and thumbstock hole and that thing is sweet for still hunting if treestand is not your style, hope this helps!
Old 10-08-2013, 09:20 AM
Fishing TN Staff

I've got a .50 cal Knight Rifle Big Horn with synthetic stock and fore grip with scope. I think the scope is a Simmons 4X (not 100% sure on the scope). I can post pics if you would like. I have ony shot it maybe a dozen times, and not once in 13 years, it's probably 14-15 years old. I've got caps, powder, Hornady bullets, and some other accessories. I don't know how good the powder is though after sitting for that long.

Jeremy
Old 10-08-2013, 04:00 PM

Ease of cleaning is a definite consideration. Also a must for me is the primer. Should be the shot shell type. W209? Never had a misfire once I converted.