FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > General Discussion > Sports Lounge - General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 08-06-2013, 07:39 PM

Default Jug fishing Sunday night.

Been working alot lately and haven't been able to get out fishing much this year. But here is a gopro video from Sunday night/Monday morning.

(posting this on my phone so I don't know if the YouTube link is going through)

http://youtu.be/LSUOEx5We8Y

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk. (Spell check done after hitting send.)
Old 08-06-2013, 08:04 PM

That's pretty sweet! I have never been jugging, cool to watch!

Mike

Last edited by MNfisher; 08-06-2013 at 09:11 PM.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:39 PM

Its alot of fun if I still owned a boat I would offer to take you but alas I'm boatless for the next year atlest.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk. (Spell check done after hitting send.)
Old 08-06-2013, 09:33 PM

If you don't mind me asking...what hooks are y'all using? Your able to yank them out of the water and not lose them. I'm using 4/0 circle sea hooks and I'd lose them pulling them in like that.

That last one was, well they all were, huge, awesome fish!
Old 08-06-2013, 09:42 PM

We're swapping everything to 10/0 circle hooks and 90# braid. I've noticed that its been easier to get that big hook out of the mouth vs the smaller ones.

Old 08-06-2013, 11:39 PM

Very cool video I have never tried jug fishing before but I have done limb lines and caught some here and there might have to try that out sometime!
Old 08-07-2013, 12:20 AM
Owner and Administrator

Smile Great Video !!!! <'TK><

Great Video Guys ... Like the Music also .. A little ZZ TOPP would have been great !!... .. What is good here ... Is that most folks have never done this type of fishing nor any fishing at night ... (Sometimes I'll tell about the many night fishing trips in South Fla. In the 70's and 80's for Bass ... When you turned on your light all you saw was hundreds of white Gator eyes looking at you ... But it did produce a couple of 10 to 13 pounders !!! (Yes Bass) Wall mounts for viewing on request ...

Again nice video ...But if you are going to post a one night/morn trip ... Keep the same cloths on ... The continuity flows better ... Just kidding guys ... keep them coming each trip was great !!! <'TK><
Old 08-07-2013, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkwalker View Post
Great Video Guys ... Like the Music also .. A little ZZ TOPP would have been great !!... .. What is good here ... Is that most folks have never done this type of fishing nor any fishing at night ... (Sometimes I'll tell about the many night fishing trips in South Fla. In the 70's and 80's for Bass ... When you turned on your light all you saw was hundreds of white Gator eyes looking at you ... But it did produce a couple of 10 to 13 pounders !!! (Yes Bass) Wall mounts for viewing on request ...

Again nice video ...But if you are going to post a one night/morn trip ... Keep the same cloths on ... The continuity flows better ... Just kidding guys ... keep them coming each trip was great !!! <'TK><

LOL I didn't even think about the clothes. But i assure you it was all shot in one night but fish order is changed. About 1am it got a little chilly and we had to throw on some long sleeves. I got the one in the very bottom of the storage and it smelled like 3 different hobos had been wearing it.

I have a hard time with the music. I try to adhere to YouTube's copyright policy just incase. I would have loved some ZZ top on there. I have a few different sites to get uncopywrited music if anyone needs some for their own videos.

I probably wouldn't like all the gator eyes on me in Florida. I have a bad enough time seeing eye staring at me from the bank here. Those racoons sound 10' tall and 600#s sometimes.

Last edited by j19bill; 08-07-2013 at 02:03 AM.