FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > General Discussion > Sports Lounge - General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 07-06-2013, 04:46 PM

Default Fiddlers Jamboree in Smithville

We didnt make it this year thought the rain would make a mess of it well I sure was wrong.

As always the National Beginner Country Music category stole the show. Contestants all compete in Buck dancing, clogging, Dobro,mandolin, banjo, flat top guitar, and fiddle. Age 12 years old and UNDER as young as 5 years of age. Probably near 100 beginners.

All day Friday (in the rain) went on till 2:30 Sat morn then again all day Saturday and it will continue until late tonight I'm sure then will wrap it Sun.

The kids were so inspiring. Smithville has been doing this every year since 1972. Its in the square tents were up for competitors and plenty of chairs for the spectators.

If you have local channel 3 its live no commercials non stop fun. I think tomorrow morning Ill grab sweetie and catch the last of the show. If your near Smithville I know you'll have a ball and lots of eats to.

Those youngsters restore my faith in mankind. There is much more to the jamboree (adults performing) but Beginners make it all happen. Watch for a young Tn youngster named Ivy Phillips, I'm too old to every hope to see her perform at Carnegie Hall but for an 11 year old to have mastered all her instruments and dance as she has, jaw dropping talented.

Check it out for a fum weekend next year even the wrap up tomorrow.

Last edited by TomD; 07-06-2013 at 04:49 PM.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:00 PM
Owner and Administrator

Smile Watched it ch. 28 <'TK><

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomD View Post
We didnt make it this year thought the rain would make a mess of it well I sure was wrong.

As always the National Beginner Country Music category stole the show. Contestants all compete in Buck dancing, clogging, Dobro,mandolin, banjo, flat top guitar, and fiddle. Age 12 years old and UNDER as young as 5 years of age. Probably near 100 beginners.

All day Friday (in the rain) went on till 2:30 Sat morn then again all day Saturday and it will continue until late tonight I'm sure then will wrap it Sun.

The kids were so inspiring. Smithville has been doing this every year since 1972. Its in the square tents were up for competitors and plenty of chairs for the spectators.

If you have local channel 3 its live no commercials non stop fun. I think tomorrow morning Ill grab sweetie and catch the last of the show. If your near Smithville I know you'll have a ball and lots of eats to.

Those youngsters restore my faith in mankind. There is much more to the jamboree (adults performing) but Beginners make it all happen. Watch for a young Tn youngster named Ivy Phillips, I'm too old to every hope to see her perform at Carnegie Hall but for an 11 year old to have mastered all her instruments and dance as she has, jaw dropping talented.

Check it out for a fum weekend next year even the wrap up tomorrow.
I am a blues guy but my old Army Buddy got me into Blue Grass ... I watched some on Ch 28 Live ... good stuff .... <'TK><