FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 06-10-2013, 10:05 AM

Default Scenic City Weekend Report

It was another awesome weekend for Scenic City Fishing Charters. On Saturday I fished with regular return client Clint Bailey from Middle Tenn. and his Dad, Dwayne. Clint works for Jack Daniels and always tips me with "product."

On Sunday Bryan Sapp and his girlfriend Brittany Kozak came to Chattanooga all the way from Pennsylvania to fish. I had to postpone Bryan and Brittany a month ago when flood gate conditions blew us out. Coming from such a long way away, I was really worried about doing well for them. They went home very happy and are already making plans to return next year.

We stayed on fish steady both days. This is the "Readers Digest" of what we caught and how:

-- Blue catfish and a few channel cats drifting chicken breast in 15 to 50 feet of water. Caught some drifting light tackle in shallower areas, caught others back-trolling in deeper areas.
-- Smallmouth and largemouth bass fishing live shiners on very light tackle -- some in key "ambush locations," and some simply drifting rocky sections of river channel in 8 to 15 feet of water.
-- Bull bluegill on 32nd oz. jigs tipped with wax worms. Bluegill are still bedding in slackwater areas, but that's bound to end soon.

Life is good and gettin' better everyday!
Old 06-10-2013, 11:04 AM

That's awesome Richard. You guys sure have a great resource there. I got up there last summer and had a blast catching Flatheads with live shad. It felt good to get shad scales all over everything again! We caught a little of everything else too! Then they cranked up the water ALOT and we had to get away from the Dam.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:19 AM
Owner and Administrator

Default Awesome !! <'TK><

Great trip .... <'TK><
Old 06-10-2013, 04:47 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Good report.....great fish.

Regards
Old 06-10-2013, 06:33 PM

I need a raise that way i can hire out u and fish finder general.I appreciate you guys posts.Do you let your chiken breasts stay out in the sun to turn or hook um up fresh?