FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 06-02-2013, 07:12 PM

Default Jug regulations on JPP

Just got on JPP to put out some jugs. I had another guy on a boat come flying up on me telling me it was against regulations to put out jugs on the weekend on JPP and OH. I have gone through the new regulations book I have with me and don't see anything like that. Has anyone seen or heard this?

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Board Express
Old 06-02-2013, 08:46 PM

i think they are confused with the reg on twra lakes not corps ones.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:06 PM

Don't you just love it when people lecture you on fishing regulations that don't exist?

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-02-2013, 09:24 PM

Default Jugs on Priest

Yeah he's wrong. 50 per person.

Me and a buddy soaked 90 the other night.

You know anything about any jugging tournaments on Priest?
Old 06-02-2013, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis C. View Post
i think they are confused with the reg on twra lakes not corps ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd- View Post
Don't you just love it when people lecture you on fishing regulations that don't exist?

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JandSCattleCo View Post
Yeah he's wrong. 50 per person.

Me and a buddy soaked 90 the other night.

You know anything about any jugging tournaments on Priest?
Thanks guys I knew y'all would have an answer for me. I figured he was wrong. Just wanted to make sure nothing had changed without us knowing. What really got to me was him speeding in there throwing waves, telling us that, then speeding about 200yds off and watching us. I think we were where he wanted to fish and was mad about it. We were in a new cove that we haven't fished before so maybe that was his normal spot. As far as im concerned he can have his spot back It was not good only caught 6 smaller cats. Editing a short video now.

I don't know anything about jugging tournaments on JPP, but I would like to.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:27 AM
nashvillefishingguides.co

Default Jugs on JPP

I did accost two jug fishermen jug fishing SE of Long Hunter launch on JPP this afternoon about jug fishing JPP on the weekend. And I apologize after reading the regs tonight, I stand humbled and apologetic for misreading the regs regarding TWRA lakes and NOT the reservoirs.

But I will also note that I was not the person speeding up in a boat. I was trolling for crappie at a very sedate 1.8 mph and never varied my speed nor set at any point. I merely kept trolling along and left the cove and went elsewhere.

Sincerely,

Merv Johnson
Old 06-03-2013, 01:42 AM
Owner and Administrator

Smile Good Man !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by agelesssone View Post
I did accost two jug fishermen jug fishing SE of Long Hunter launch on JPP this afternoon about jug fishing JPP on the weekend. And I apologize after reading the regs tonight, I stand humbled and apologetic for misreading the regs regarding TWRA lakes and NOT the reservoirs.

But I will also note that I was not the person speeding up in a boat. I was trolling for crappie at a very sedate 1.8 mph and never varied my speed nor set at any point. I merely kept trolling along and left the cove and went elsewhere.

Sincerely,

Merv Johnson
Merv, you are a scholar and a Gentleman (probably because of Susi, just kidding ) ... We old War Dogs have to temper our temperament ... You would think it would get easier as we get older ... <'TK><
Old 06-03-2013, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agelesssone View Post

Sincerely,

Merv Johnson

Wasn't you. Didn't speed in and wrong area. Hope whoever your guys were didn't stop.

Old 06-03-2013, 07:02 AM

I do appreciate the apology even though it wasn't you. We all make mistakes. This guy was a complete jerk about it all.

I know we jug fishermen are the scourge of the water.

Old 06-03-2013, 07:54 AM
Ben

Default jugs

I feel like its more intolerance to what they are not comfortable with and how their mamma raised them... I have had the big Rangers/Skeeters pull off their run and watch my boys catch crappie or Stripe and then congratulate-and i have had guys pull up and stop right in front of my path-knowing they are in the wrong because they don't dare look up. We have been fishing the jumps with spinners and a bass boat pulled right along side of us and started pitching a senko- It really doesn't matter what type of fishing you do-someone is always going to have a problem with your style or they just don't give a poop...
Old 06-03-2013, 08:03 AM
Ben

Default jugs

And one more thing, my daughter and three sons have good manners. Yes and no sir, please and thank you! I have watched my daughter stand outside the car when her date got in and forgot to open her door first- my boys, although much younger will treat a lady with respect and no pushing the girls. I got a feeling the guy that ran up to you in the big boat and told you NO jugs probably wasn't raised right.

Man-I feel better!
Old 06-03-2013, 10:40 AM

I know what you mean fatherof4. My brother and I usually fish at night because there is nobody else out there. But we wanted to try something different.

Old 06-03-2013, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j19bill View Post
I do appreciate the apology even though it wasn't you. We all make mistakes. This guy was a complete jerk about it all.

I know we jug fishermen are the scourge of the water.

Jug fishing is fine ... as long as you pick up your jugs when you're done

I do think about this everytime I go across the 109 bridge being reconstructed and see the same 15-20 jugs up along that cove against the road...they've been there since last fall!
Old 06-03-2013, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltwaterwalt View Post
Jug fishing is fine ... as long as you pick up your jugs when you're done

I do think about this everytime I go across the 109 bridge being reconstructed and see the same 15-20 jugs up along that cove against the road...they've been there since last fall!

Are you sure you are not talking about Larguardo? There are about 15-20 jugs there but they are tied to cedar trees. I am under the 109 bridge every Wednesday and have not saw those jugs.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:55 PM

We never put out more than we can keep up with. 20-25 anymore than that its too much like work.

Sent from my Windows Nokia Lumia 928 complete with typos.