FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > General Discussion > Sports Lounge - General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 01-17-2013, 09:49 PM
Owner and Administrator

Thumbs up Wife's Knee Replacement <'TK><

I am almost typing in the Dark ...... My wife's surgery went well. The Dr. said he had not seen a knee this bad in a while, looked like a train wreck !! ...She will walk in the morn ... Probably go home Monday ... She's sleeping now ... AlphaHawk .... How are you doing ?? <'TK><
Old 01-17-2013, 10:02 PM

TK glad she is doing well. We will lift her up in our prayers. I hope she continues to improve. My mom has her third knee on the same leg put in on Monday.

Roy
Old 01-17-2013, 10:52 PM

I'm glad to hear your wife is doing well...

Sometimes it seems like this should be www.kneereplacementtn.com...
Old 01-18-2013, 07:09 AM

Hope she has a full and speedy recovery tk.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:30 AM

Thankful for a successful surgery, now praying for a quick easy recovery!

Mike
Old 01-18-2013, 09:27 AM
rookie

Glad to hear she did well TK, like others have said we will pray for a full and speedy receovery!!
Old 01-18-2013, 09:52 AM

Glad all went well.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:42 PM
Owner and Administrator

Default Thanks Guys ... <'TK><

My wife walked for the first time with a walker and assistance for about 10 feet... It wasn't as bad as we thought it would be ... <'TK><
Old 01-18-2013, 05:19 PM

Glad to hear the surgery went well. Hope she has a swift recovery!
Old 01-18-2013, 06:20 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkwalker View Post
I am almost typing in the Dark ...... My wife's surgery went well. The Dr. said he had not seen a knee this bad in a while, looked like a train wreck !! ...She will walk in the morn ... Probably go home Monday ... She's sleeping now ... AlphaHawk .... How are you doing ?? <'TK><
Prayed hard tk.....glad to hear she is doing well. While seems we both are doing well this surgery is not something I am sure either of us wish to repeat. I am going home Monday. I am shocked at how well I am doing. I am double shocked at how strong this knee is...or maybe just how rotten my real knee had become. I am already doing squats. I haven't down squats in 40 years. Like you did I have my home prepped to come home to...shower stool....toilet riser and so on. Should be doing a fishing report in about 4 weeks. Tell your wife I feel her pain.....and will continue to pray for good therapy and full recovery.

Regards
Old 01-18-2013, 09:01 PM
Owner and Administrator

Default Thanks Randy <'TK><

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphahawk View Post
Prayed hard tk.....glad to hear she is doing well. While seems we both are doing well this surgery is not something I am sure either of us wish to repeat. I am going home Monday. I am shocked at how well I am doing. I am double shocked at how strong this knee is...or maybe just how rotten my real knee had become. I am already doing squats. I haven't down squats in 40 years. Like you did I have my home prepped to come home to...shower stool....toilet riser and so on. Should be doing a fishing report in about 4 weeks. Tell your wife I feel her pain.....and will continue to pray for good therapy and full recovery.

Regards

Well the PM strole was a little tougher !! On the leg machine now .. The next week or so will be the big hurdle .... I will pass on the info, that will really help her reach her goal ... She is having the other one done about this time next year ... It's the other train that ran into this one !!

If I miss a word or two every once in a while it is because I'm living in Her Hospital room, They have a small couch that slides out and I get to do a little down time work while she is sleeping and I turn the one light I have on real low ...But I will say the staff here at UMC in Lebanon go way out of their way to keep their patients and familes as comfortable as possible, from the Food Service, Janitorial and the Medical staff.... Hope to go home Monday... And like Alpha said, thanks guys that have left messages ... She really appreciates it...

You know we learn a lot from this site ... But Fish W may have a Great idea, Heck everybody I have talked to knows someone that just went through this ... I may start another web site www.kneesinneedforagooddeedandcatfishfeed.com to have all of the New knee folks to donate the old used parts for upcoming fundraiser catfish tourney events <'TK><

Last edited by tkwalker; 01-18-2013 at 10:13 PM.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:33 PM

Hang in there, TK. I am glad to hear your wife's surgery went well. The recovery period can be tough but in the long run, most people I know who have had knee or hip replacements have come out the other side saying they're very glad they did it.

You and your wife will be in our thoughts.

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk 2