FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > General Discussion > Sports Lounge - General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 01-02-2013, 11:14 PM
Stream Smallmouth Guide

Default saying bye to cable and going back to antenna tv

Tired of watching 80 dollars a month leave our hands for Direct TV, so I am going back to antenna. I get 28 channels(rabbit ears) and now will get more fishing shows than Direct tv offered in my package. I picked up a converter box (since my tvs are old ones) . I need 2 more boxes and I am set. Has anyone got any they want to sell or maybe trade a day of wading in the spring and summer for? I found one at the Liquidators outlet for 20 dollars today, and I was hoping to not have to pay new price for them . I have an outdoor antenna to put up so I should get 35 to 39 channels.
Thanks
Mike

Last edited by creeksmallie; 01-02-2013 at 11:55 PM. Reason: grammer
Old 01-03-2013, 08:23 AM

You'll be happy Mike, I haven't had cable in 10 years and never missed really missed it until ESPN bought the rights to the NCAA football championship game. Ended up watching that on the computer.

For fishing shows: Wildside Weekly Online, KY Afield, Fishin Affliction, Southern Woods and Waters and there are three more not local maybe even canadian that I just noticed this past weekend I believe on 4.2
Old 01-03-2013, 11:29 AM
Stream Smallmouth Guide

Travis do you use an outdoor antenna? I do not understand why more people in the metro areas say no to high priced TV. The initial investment to convert back to antenna even if I bought a 100 dollar antenna will be less than 250 dollars for 3 TVs and I am going to do netflix and hulu for around 20 dollars a month thru the xbox and my computer.In 3 months after converting and I am saving 60+ dollars a month.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeksmallie View Post
Travis do you use an outdoor antenna? I do not understand why more people in the metro areas say no to high priced TV. The initial investment to convert back to antenna even if I bought a 100 dollar antenna will be less than 250 dollars for 3 TVs and I am going to do netflix and hulu for around 20 dollars a month thru the xbox and my computer.In 3 months after converting and I am saving 60+ dollars a month.
I don't have an external antenna but have wanted to get one outside or at least powered to see if there is a difference. I put mine now in my attic though over the garage and run cables down inside the garage to the tv in the living room.

We do Netflix for $5 a month unlimited thru our Wii. I can watch all the shows, movies or documentaries wanted. Granted they may not be just off the big screen or a current season but they will end up there. We have caught up to the season's going on now for all our shows we watch or wanted to watch whether its on cable or basic.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:25 PM

Mike, I just sent you a pm.