FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > General Discussion > Sports Lounge - General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 09-09-2012, 10:35 PM

Default NIght Fishing

I have never night fished...what are the basics of it that i don't know? do you shine a light in the water on your bait or what? I would do it on lakes some but am more into doing it on the caney where i fish a lot already...on the caney is it safer to night fish up in the "pond" area right below the dam? besides lights on my boat, what do i need to know? i have a 14 foot john boat. thanks!
Old 09-12-2012, 06:32 PM

I wouldn't take a boat out there at night until I took it out during the day... The Caney ain't no joke.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:11 PM
Owner and Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordty View Post
I have never night fished...what are the basics of it that i don't know? do you shine a light in the water on your bait or what? I would do it on lakes some but am more into doing it on the caney where i fish a lot already...on the caney is it safer to night fish up in the "pond" area right below the dam? besides lights on my boat, what do i need to know? i have a 14 foot john boat. thanks!
Fish Whisperer Is RIGHT !!! ... My Friend you really need to learn the Caney in the daytime before venturing out at night especially if you are not used to Gen schedules or the Caney ... Learn your area and get familiar with it first ... !!! The Caney is not a Navigable water way ... !! <'TK><