FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 05-25-2012, 12:44 PM

Default Gatlinburg Fishing...

I am thinking about taking a trip with the wife and some friends up to Gatlinburg area and was wondering if anyone knows of a nice cabin on a stream where fish can be caught? Any info will be helpful. Thanks!
Old 05-26-2012, 08:06 AM

Are you wanting to stay close to the city or get a way from the traffic?

If a get a way but not terribly far from it all check out cabins on the Little River near Townsend. It is a great river to fish and you can either take Wears Valley road (hwy 321) back into Pigeon Forge. It comes out at the red light next to The Track go kart place. Or you can go thru Townsend on Little River Rd and into to Gatlinburg from the park entrance side that way.

For a closer to Gatlinburg look up cabins on the Little Pigeon river that are on Pittman Center Rd (state route 416). It has good fishing too. Its actually the east prong along that road and the west prong of the litte pigeon runs through downtown. If you not familiar with that road it runs from Sevierville to Gatlinburg then into hwy 321 which comes down to Gatlinburg from Cosby.

I haven't stayed at any of them but from being familiar with the area those areas would probably be a better bet for fishing/easily get to places.

Last edited by Travis C.; 05-26-2012 at 08:13 AM.
Old 06-03-2012, 03:26 PM

Travis, is there any permit or anything needed to fish there other than my TN fishing license?
Old 06-03-2012, 07:14 PM

You need a trout permit, and if you fish around the City of Gatlinburg, you have to get their special permit.

If you go up into the Smoky Mountains National Park, you don't need the city permit. However, note that only single hook artificial lures are allowed in the Park.

bd
Old 06-03-2012, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterP View Post
Travis, is there any permit or anything needed to fish there other than my TN fishing license?
bd is right on the requirements for a permit within the city limits of Gatlinburg. But also you aren't allowed to fish on Thursdays in the city due to that being the stocking day. Be aware of the two areas in the city that are children/handicap only sections. Better check with a local fishing store there to get a map.

Unless its changed you don't need a trout stamp or permit to fish within Smoky Mountain National Park just a valid TN license. You are limited to a single hook artificial though.

The reasoning is the park is federally supported and the trout stamp money wouldn't benefit it. Our trout stamp money goes to the state stocking program.

Last edited by Travis C.; 06-03-2012 at 09:22 PM.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:58 PM

Awesome! Thanks guys... Looks like my wife and I are going to take the trip in a couple of weeks. Just booked the cabin. Thanks for all of the help and hopefully I will be posting some pics soon...