FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > General Discussion > Sports Lounge - General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 02-02-2012, 09:44 AM
ALANRAYG2

Default Fishing and boat expo

Who is going to the Expo at the fair grounds? I am going to try to get there.
Look online for a discount coupon.
Old 02-02-2012, 03:08 PM

I may check it out. I used to go every year, but it seems like they don't have as much stuff that I want as they used to.

bd
Old 02-02-2012, 04:23 PM

We used to go every year as well but haven't in a few years. I still remember the year we walked in there and while making our rounds said....when did bass boats get more expensive than ski boats.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:41 PM
ALANRAYG2

I was there last year and was disappointed in the whole event. Not many tackle suppliers can afford the floor space. I think it is $350 for an 8x10 booth. I'll probably go since it is going to be raining this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd- View Post
I may check it out. I used to go every year, but it seems like they don't have as much stuff that I want as they used to.

bd
Old 02-03-2012, 11:40 AM

This will be happening next weekend. If it's a nice weekend I'll doubt I'll make it to the show. Not for lack of wanting thought.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:28 PM
ALANRAYG2

I must be getting old. I xalled the wife at work to see if she wanted to go to the show with me. She said not, she had other plans. Well, I called my nephew and said it's not until next week..... I guess I was getting anxious for the show.
we'll see what the weather is next weekend. I might be fishing.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:09 AM

Real site finally up. A little late if you ask me but, all the same.

http://www.tnboatshow.com/
Old 02-10-2012, 09:19 PM

Just got back, impressed. I stocked up on Trout Magnets. It was a big enough show to satisfy. $5 for parking.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:49 AM
Fishing TN Staff

Went yesterday. This is the most ammount of vendors I have seen. Picked up some softbodied swimbaits. There were more Alabama, and Tennessee Rigs than I have ever seen. I missed seeing the Secret Weapon guys I was planning on stocking up again this year. On the vendors page to get a booth I saw that they only accept new model, and unused items to be displayed, but I saw a lot of out-dated stuff yesterday. It can be better.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adough View Post
Just got back, impressed. I stocked up on Trout Magnets. It was a big enough show to satisfy. $5 for parking.
You won't be sorry you did. Jeff show you how to set them you? Very simple and very effective.

I didn't make it out there.

Did anyone stop and chat with whrizob from here at the Rod Glove booth?
Old 02-13-2012, 10:02 AM

I don't know that it was Jeff. Helpful all the same. I picked up a fast/light 6'6 rod a couple of weeks ago as a step between my 5'6 UL and 6'6 M. I primarily fish rivers from my kayak so the magnets are exactly the set-up I'm looking for. I'd guess that the magnet packs were half off or more. Picked up plenty crappie rigs and the new 1/200oz trout magnet as well. Can't wait for kayaking weather to appear.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adough View Post
the new 1/200oz trout magnet as well
I haven't had a chance to see those yet but I would imagine they will definitely catch fish. I believe Jeff the owner was working the show. Either way you got yourself setup.

Since the day they were first put on the end of my line they have caught fish. You'll have a blast. It's better than live bait fishing for certain species in my opinion.

Get ready to feel like a kid again watching that float dive over and over.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:08 AM

Adough,

Kayaking weather is year-round, if you don't mind having to look like the Michelin Man, lol. I fish out of my 'yak more on average in the winter than I do any other season. If you want to get out with me some weekend, let me know. I've tried to get TravisC to use my spare one, but I think the temperature is a big deterrent.

Chris
Old 02-13-2012, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txnative View Post
I've tried to get TravisC to use my spare one, but I think the temperature is a big deterrent.

Chris
Hey now..my deterrents are less than 40" tall.

I let you know next time I get a pass hit the water again and see if we can get together. Finding time away for fishing without the little ones is limited right now because I am playing ball on the weekends.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:11 PM

Talking

I was just kidding, Travis. Once the weather warms, I'll be taking my little girl out, too. She is already asking for a kayak, but at 3 yrs old, I think she can ride with me...it would entertaining to watch her try to paddle one, though, lot of splashing and little moving, lol.

Chris