FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 02-01-2012, 07:43 PM
Dakota S

Default Berkley nano line

Has anyone tried it? If so what did I u think.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:36 PM

Alphahawk uses it and really likes it I believe.

Check with him.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:19 AM
nashvillefishingguides.co

Default Berkley Nano Fil

I have three reels spooled with Nano Fil. One with eight pound and two with ten pound.
This stuff is so slick you can cast a mile with it. I was casting a 1/16 ounce jig thirty yards. With a 1/4 oz it was no problem to cast 50 yds.
It is just like a braid, no stretch. You have to loosen the drag on your reels to compensate for the lack of stretch.

The only drawback I find is the visibility of the line. At Dale Hollow it was easy to see my line at five feet deep whereas my fluorocarbon disappeared under the waterline.

If you aren't concerned about the visibility, it's some super smooth, super slick line. Great for jigging in deep water as the thin diameter doesn't have a lot of resistance in the water.

I think my 8# line is .006 diameter and the 10# line is .008 diameter.

Very pricey but I really like it.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:42 AM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
Has anyone tried it? If so what did I u think.

I have been using this stuff since the first day they released it. I have used a spool of 3# test almost everyday up to mid December. It is the only line I am using..for now. It will outcast any line I know about...is strong...no stretch....but expensive. It will fray after much use and you have to cut off about10 feet or so. Now if you are only fishing on weekends you will not have to do that as often as I do fishing 5 or more days a week. I also have reels with 4#...... 6#.....8#....12# test on other rods. I have used the 4# test on the Caney throwing cranks and use a leader tied with a surgeons knot....caught many large Browns and Bows using that setup. Also have caught quite a few Smallies using the 3# and 4# test. Used the 8# test at Pickwick and wore out the White Bass and quite a few 5 to 6 pound Stripers using it. I always use a leader with this line even though Berkley has video with a Guru Smallie guy catching fish with no leader. I will test that out in a few more months when the Smallies are in pre-spawn and I can have plenty of fish to see if Smallies are line shy ...which I think they are. The thing about this line that you need to know is if you tie directly to a hook...lure...you cannot use a Palomar knot. The few times I have used the line tied directly to the lure I have used the Fish'N Fool knot and it holds fine. There are several other knots that will work also. The line is so slick it pulls through many type knots. You also need to now the line floats. Depending on how you are fishing this could be a benefit or a hindrance. Hope that info helps you out...personally I love the stuff...as do my son...nephew..both serious fisherman.

Regards
Old 02-05-2012, 05:39 PM
Dakota S

Thanks for all the feed back on my post. Probably try it next time I change it line.