FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 09-29-2011, 10:55 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Default Pickwick 9-29-11

Today was pretty much a bust. I arrived later than usual to make sure they had good flow going. They had 4 boils going but number 1 was not on. They blew the siren and number 1 came on. There were only a couple of guys on the catwalk. I threw behind the boil and caught 25 big female White Bass....that count is exact because I was giving them to two elderly men who were wanting some fish for their church. As I put number 25 in their bucket the number one boil shut off. It had only been on about 25 minutes. I thought it would start back up...it did not and I stayed until dark. I went down river a little ways and found a nice flat cutback. I caught zip...nada....nothing. When the number one boil is not going you are not going to get many Whites and Stripers from the bank...most of the time. I had 3 rods with me and I could not even get a Bluegill. Usually on a day like today I would have caught Smallies...Spots...maybe even a few Crappie lurking in the flat water feeding. What made it worse I was watching a feeding frenzy going on behind boil 4 and 5. I could not cast there and I had no boat to go there. They tore it up for the whole time I was there. As the Sun went down so many were in there you could hear the loud slaps over the roar of the boils...and I was about 400 yards away. Oh well that is the way it goes. I am beat but may go back tomorrow. I need to check out my Crappie hole again as I am seeing more post around other forums...and this one too.....of people catching Crappie.

Regards