FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 03-20-2011, 03:44 PM

Default Any luck on Priest this weekend?

I was just wondering how anyone did on JPP this weekend. Unfortunately, I only had time to head out for 3 hours all weekend and that was this morning. I only caught one LM bass. However, that bass was 4.2 lbs. Signs are pointing that I'm getting closer to my first 5 pounder! Took me by surprise because I was getting frustrated and was burning in my lipless crankbait back to me quickly and Whamo! Was fun while it lasted. Hope everyone enjoyed the beautiful weather!
Old 03-20-2011, 07:25 PM

Default Saturday

I drug eight live shad around on Saturday afternoon in the Hobson Bridge area. Was not able to hook up (I am rusty) but had four good bites. The live shad I was using were large.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:38 PM

The hybrids are starting to move up on the shallow points.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:55 PM

Fished from the bank with my 4 year old again and had a blast. Floated minnows and caught 2 crappie on the first 3 casts. Stayed about 3 hours and caught about 6 total. I also tossed a shakeyhead for about 15 minutes and got 2 good bites, first one cut the line on the hookset on the rocks and the second I got hung up in the rocks and he came off, never saw either of them. Hard to fish up a bluff against the grain.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Moose crappie.jpg (180.3 KB, 50 views)
Old 03-21-2011, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNtransplant08 View Post
However, that bass was 4.2 lbs. Signs are pointing that I'm getting closer to my first 5 pounder!
Awesome man! You almost had him keep after him.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:07 PM

Went Sunday afternoon fishing from bank between 3:30-5:30. Caught over 50 yellow stripe, 15 white bass (good size 2lb. a piece), 5 largemouth (12-14 inches), 1 bluegill, and 1 legal size crappie. For my fish fry today, I kept the crappie and 5 of the bigger yellow stripe.

With the warm weather, fishing will get better throughout Priest.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:40 PM

My buddy had 15 keeper crappie, dominantly on minnows, on the upper end yesterday or day before. I'm going tomorrow afternoon and probably late Wed morning. I will update.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:13 PM

Got a small yellow bass and a 15.5" hybrid that I let go. Was fishing from the bank, suspending shiners. Could see some top water activity here and there. Water levels were down from what I saw week before last.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:51 PM

I went again this evening for 2 hours. Caught 8 LM, 2 of them keepers. The key seemed to be burning the lipless crankbait for a reaction bite. I lost count on how many missed strikes I had. I tried to slow down the presentation, but they just wanted it fast. Chart. Craw seemed to be the best color.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:06 PM

I went this yesterday and this evening. Yesterday I lost about 10 dollars worth of lures and broke a 40 dollar pole. No so good, but today was a different story. I caught 12 or so keeper crappie under a float using a crappie jig with chartreuse. They seemed to be in about 4-8' of water when they would bite, although it is hard to tell casting out from the bank. I usually fish from a boat but I've been bank fishing this year so far, due to a truck problem. Either way its getting better and two of the crappie I caught were about to pop, so spawn isn't too far away.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:57 PM

Caught 8 crappie today near Fate Sanders (half were keepers). Probably would have caught more but I lost my anchor last year and the wind killed my fully charged trolling motor battery in less than 2 hours. One or two on minnows. The rest on red/chartreuse tube jig. Thought about going in morning but weather forecast isn't looking good for the morning.