FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 03-16-2011, 09:56 PM

Default Water conditions at Old Hickory

New member to the board here. Was wondering what the water conditions are at old hickory. Is there alot of debris in the channel or has it cleared away.
secondly i am looking for a little help here. I have never fished by the steam plant but want to give it a whirl. My question is where is the entrance to it. I see on the map that there are 2 channels that lead up to it. last year i tried to go up the first channel and as soon as i got out of the main river channel i ran up on about a foot of water so needless to say i turned around and went somewhere else. thanks for any help you guys can provide
Old 03-16-2011, 10:43 PM
fineseman09

welcome to the sight man! but there is still some debris out there, so be carefull. but you are correct. there is 2 channels that run in, but one is really big. its actually not that bad to get in there. i always like to stay a little on the right center going in. you should be fine then. also, there are alot of people still fishing it right now; so you can watch them go in too. good luck!