FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 04-09-2017, 06:29 AM

Default Another first.

Went out in the kayak and did a little fishing @ Bledsoe creek. Did a lot of paddling, which is ok cause I need the exercise. First time around any motor boats waking my yak and it handled them pretty well. I'm also getting more comfortable fishing out of the yak and am able to stand up in it to fish. Overall I've been spending more time paddling and maneuvering in my yak rather than fishing but I did land my first fish in my yak. Caught 2 little bass on a white and chartruese curly tail crappie magnet on 1/4 oz jig. Water temp was 67. Was a good day to me, it was beautiful weather out there.

Old 04-09-2017, 02:01 PM

Thumbs up

Great day out there, A little windy but that just warms the water faster!

I punch it around yaks and ect so not to generate a large wake so if you ever see a Bass boat and he speeds up pass you it's to lessen the waves generated!
Old 04-09-2017, 04:55 PM

I haven't spent a lot of time on the hick this year, but with those water temps and the tail on that fish; it appears they are spawning. What time I have spent has been on the upper end and last week I found some clear water and saw a lot of fish cruising the shallows but no signs of actual spawning. It seems it has started