FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 03-29-2017, 04:45 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Default Black Nose at Center Hill.

Had multiple limits of black nose crappie at Center Hill today......a buddy was fishing with me. We just continued to fish after we loaded the live well.....the bite was hot all day. Lure of choice was a ThunderHawk Midnight Blue Dancer on a 1/8 ounce Micro Fry jig head with #6 hook. Rod used today was the "Ice Cube Rockin' Drift". The 6' 9" Mebaru rod out of Japan.....a fish breathes on it you can feel it! Reel was a Daiwa Certate 2004 CH spooled with SOS 2# test line and 2# test Phantom fluro leader. Most fish 12-13 inches.....if it wasn't over 11.5 it did not go in the live well. A lot of fun on the UL rod and 2# test line. Life is good!

Regards
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0331.jpg (2.33 MB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0328.jpg (2.86 MB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0334.jpg (2.82 MB, 77 views)
Old 03-29-2017, 07:10 PM

Dang. When you decide to start a guide service sign me up Is there any local store that sells a full line of trout/crappie magnet stuff?
Old 03-29-2017, 07:28 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxthejuicexX View Post
Dang. When you decide to start a guide service sign me up Is there any local store that sells a full line of trout/crappie magnet stuff?

Thanks for the comment but I wouldn't make a pimple on a good guides butt....LOL. I don't know of anyplace that carries the whole line.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-29-2017, 07:59 PM

alpha, great job! nice bunch of fish, what was the water temp over there today?
Old 03-29-2017, 08:28 PM

Exclamation

Quote:
Yep They have singed with WallyWorld under the Duck Dynasty brand (FIN Commander)!
Bought a bunch of Crappie stuff today to include some Roadrunner knock offs.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:05 PM
rookie

Dang!!, you are killing me Mr Randy!, congrats!, those crappie are colored up good!
Old 03-29-2017, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halli View Post
Yep They have singed with WallyWorld under the Duck Dynasty brand (FIN Commander)!
Bought a bunch of Crappie stuff today to include some Roadrunner knock offs.
I was wondering what FIN commander was. What walmart? We've got the road runner style heads at Academy, I picked some up tonight.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:31 PM

Nice haul !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-30-2017, 05:17 AM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
I was wondering what FIN commander was. What walmart? We've got the road runner style heads at Academy, I picked some up tonight.
Fin Commander has 3 new baits. The Slab Curly......the Curly Critter.....and the Fin Spin....which is a dart head with a spinner blade. You will also see Crappie Magnet and Slab Magnet sold under the Fin Spin brand....and those are still sold under the Leland's Lures brand also. As of today all Fin Commander products are available on the Trout Magnet website. I have yet to try any of the Fin Commander line...but will soon.

Regards
Old 03-30-2017, 08:20 AM

Default what type of structure?

Alphahawk-Not expecting you to pinpoint your crappie spots, but would you talk in generalities about what type of structure or location you are locating these crappie on? What little I know of Center Hill it doesn't appear to have a lot of trees and brush, so it's possibly some sort of natural rock formation or particular type of bank or cove? Any advice you could offer would seem to be applicable to other reservoirs like Dale Hollow or Normandy that are in similar geologic regions. Thanks
Old 03-30-2017, 09:15 AM

Alpha, are you finding a pretty high percentage of those crappie from up there have the little red parasites in the meat? I know it's not a deal, just more protein, as long as they are cooked, I just found it curious.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:15 AM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepomis View Post
Alphahawk-Not expecting you to pinpoint your crappie spots, but would you talk in generalities about what type of structure or location you are locating these crappie on? What little I know of Center Hill it doesn't appear to have a lot of trees and brush, so it's possibly some sort of natural rock formation or particular type of bank or cove? Any advice you could offer would seem to be applicable to other reservoirs like Dale Hollow or Normandy that are in similar geologic regions. Thanks
Finding crappie on Center Hill can be a problem...as you stated not much wood. But if you can find wood they will most likely be on it. What I would do is hit the coves and fish the points of the pockets in those coves. Try to find where the water suddenly drops off the bank from 2 feet down to about 5-8 feet. These crappie spawn in the rocks.....big chunk rock...and flat rock areas. If you find these spots that hold crappie mark them....they will most likely return to same place next year. It can take time when looking for them. I will try beating the banks of a cove I have not fished before and if I catch a crappie I have a marker buoy ready to toss over the side....he is not there alone. Hope this has helped you.

Regards
Old 03-30-2017, 09:24 AM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farley View Post
Alpha, are you finding a pretty high percentage of those crappie from up there have the little red parasites in the meat? I know it's not a deal, just more protein, as long as they are cooked, I just found it curious.
Yes they are there in some of the fish. Those I cleaned yesterday were virtually free of them. I just take my finger nail and scrape them out. But as you said once they hit that grease at 360 degrees they ain't gonna hurt anyone....LOL. I bet many people eat crappie and never know they are there. I have never seen any of those in the crappie from Nickajack.....but they could show up in the next bunch I catch down there.

Regards
Old 03-30-2017, 10:44 AM

Nice fish Alpha, but it's those rods ya post that always gets my attention. Your rods cost more than my first car! But then, I'm dating myself again... LOL.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltwaterwalt View Post
Nice fish Alpha, but it's those rods ya post that always gets my attention. Your rods cost more than my first car! But then, I'm dating myself again... LOL.

Yeah, I stopped looking into his rods.... I spend enough money on fishing, don't need to get into JDM.

Last edited by XxthejuicexX; 03-31-2017 at 09:29 AM.