FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 03-29-2017, 12:01 PM

Default Preist Bank Stripes

Good morning for me at Priest 3/28

I will have to figure out how to add pics to my post. But i am sure most of you know the bank bite for white bass/hybrid is starting to heat up at the DAM (on the lake side).

Per Merv's advice I showed up before dawn with a bucket of shiners. I caught 3 about 8lbs, on shiners.

I broke one off that hit my top water popper(I was the only one who tried this)... All the Asian guys around me kept about 2-3 and most were using super flukes naked (unweighted) I couldn't pull one out on a lure unfortunately they didnt want jigs nor my flukes but that is my goal for the season.

I will say I should have had waders and I need a longer rod.. gotta cast 3 miles to get to them it seems..lol

Its so fun catching these I'm ready to get real tackle and get a few more while they are near the bank..

If any other bank fisherman are around priest...lets hook up.
Old 03-29-2017, 07:50 PM

Thumbs up

Good job!

Funny thing is the boaters will be casting to the banks.
Old 03-29-2017, 11:13 PM

If you get to the small parking lot early enough to get a spot, grab your gear and walk along the rocks about 1/3-1/4 way to the dam. Use slip bobbers and shiners set about 8-10' down. The bank is fairly steep and those fish will run back and forth along the dam. Deeper than first light so try different depths. Crappies set up along thier too in certain spots. If its calm, the bobber is still, then it starts to quiver....it bounces once or twice then disappears! love it!
Old 04-03-2017, 06:01 PM

well now i have caught them below the dam at the waste gate when it's running heavy awesome to hear up top also !
Old 04-03-2017, 08:07 PM

Congrats on your catch!
Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Old 04-04-2017, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halli View Post
Good job!

Funny thing is the boaters will be casting to the banks.

Yea pissed me off the guys in the boat pulls up literally where I casted. Then pull off fast when they get skunked.. I wont be that guy!
Old 04-04-2017, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNBronzeback View Post
If you get to the small parking lot early enough to get a spot, grab your gear and walk along the rocks about 1/3-1/4 way to the dam. Use slip bobbers and shiners set about 8-10' down. The bank is fairly steep and those fish will run back and forth along the dam. Deeper than first light so try different depths. Crappies set up along thier too in certain spots. If its calm, the bobber is still, then it starts to quiver....it bounces once or twice then disappears! love it!

Thanks for that tip! I was wondering if that was true because none of the guys were on the rocks.. I gave it a shot and walked the rocks all the way to the dam but I didn't get as much as a nibble.. Now I see I wasn't deep enough..

I assumed crappie were there too because of the rocks warming the water and the grass I kept pulling up. Couldn't get any of the to hit my jigs or minnows though..

I'm back to work now after 6 weeks of paternity leave so I been missing the early mornings but thinking about giving it a shot thurs and friday..

Hope to see you guys out there...

Im the young Black guy in the Detroit gear hahaha