FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 03-18-2017, 11:21 AM

Default Good day on Tims Ford

Went down to Tim Ford yesterday to look for fish. Started by trolling Arigs in an area that had some bird activity. Arigs tend to catch a lot of smaller fish because of the bait size. Here is proof the big fish will also hit them. This is a 18 pound Striper that hit an Arig. This is the biggest fish I have ever caught with an Arig ...

As the wind picked up in the afternoon, I switched to Urigs and caught this 23 pounder ...

Great day at the lake!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-18-2017, 09:56 PM

Nice job Bob! Looks like you were having a blast!

I took my 7 year old to Cordell Hull today. It never crossed my mind to pull U-rigs and I really wish it had! I've cornered myself as a live-bat guy and today was a day I paid the price for that! It was super windy and catching bait was hard work. U-rigs would have been a good idea! The striper are stacked up on the lower end of CH right now. I didn't land any because I suck and am a disgrace to the sport of fishing!

However... I was in a pack of 3 boats and they were being landed in the 23-29 lb range most of this afternoon until about 6:45PM.

Dang... I really wish I had pulled U-rigs. They were packed up so tightly that I think it would have been a great presentation with the 20mph winds. Controlling live bait and boards was tough.
Old 03-25-2017, 01:48 PM

Nice!!