FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 12-02-2016, 05:37 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Default Great crappie day.

Had more pics but with the new iPhone I have to downsize the image to get it on the forum......so only posted the one pic. Epic day of fishing today. Arrived at 8:00 a.m. and started fishing. There was zero wind all day.....temp was 29 degrees on arrival and 63 degrees when I departed. Today fish were going on the stringer. On many days the bite has been on from 8:00 a.m. through 10:00 a.m......so no time to fool around cause when they turn off they stop quick. It was that way today. At 10:00 a.m. the crappie turned off just like a light switch. But between 8 and 10 I loaded up the stringer with nothing but 12 inch fish or bigger....quite a few 13 inch and one that went 14 inches. The bite was hot for two hours. I stayed until 1:00 p.m. still catching the occasional crappie but had a constant bite of 8 inch bluegill.....some of the prettiest colored ones I have seen in a long time. All fish caught on a Bison colored Trout Magnet using SOS 2# test line. Those fish just cannot stand the slow fall of a 1/64 ounce Trout Magnet jig head. The rod today was a Major Craft FineTail Banshee Area UL trout rod. I was not going to go today but the weather forecast was calling for low 60's and no wind...my kind of day....glad I went! I had a blast. Life is good!

Regards
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0168.jpg (3.12 MB, 90 views)
Old 12-02-2016, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphahawk View Post
Had more pics but with the new iPhone I have to downsize the image to get it on the forum......so only posted the one pic. Epic day of fishing today. Arrived at 8:00 a.m. and started fishing. There was zero wind all day.....temp was 29 degrees on arrival and 63 degrees when I departed. Today fish were going on the stringer. On many days the bite has been on from 8:00 a.m. through 10:00 a.m......so no time to fool around cause when they turn off they stop quick. It was that way today. At 10:00 a.m. the crappie turned off just like a light switch. But between 8 and 10 I loaded up the stringer with nothing but 12 inch fish or bigger....quite a few 13 inch and one that went 14 inches. The bite was hot for two hours. I stayed until 1:00 p.m. still catching the occasional crappie but had a constant bite of 8 inch bluegill.....some of the prettiest colored ones I have seen in a long time. All fish caught on a Bison colored Trout Magnet using SOS 2# test line. Those fish just cannot stand the slow fall of a 1/64 ounce Trout Magnet jig head. The rod today was a Major Craft FineTail Banshee Area UL trout rod. I was not going to go today but the weather forecast was calling for low 60's and no wind...my kind of day....glad I went! I had a blast. Life is good!

Regards

Nice, where did you go?
Old 12-02-2016, 06:03 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schleprock View Post
Nice, where did you go?

Nickajack......from the bank.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-03-2016, 05:12 AM

Good looking stringer.
Old 12-03-2016, 07:14 AM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMBOLIE View Post
Good looking stringer.
Thanks Otte.

Regards
Old 12-03-2016, 02:28 PM
rookie

Good looking stringer Mr Randy, there are some slabs there!,
are you fishing above or below the dam?, I was wondering if the white bass may be stacking below the dam, may head there soon, congrats!
Old 12-03-2016, 03:03 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transplanted Sportsman View Post
Good looking stringer Mr Randy, there are some slabs there!,
are you fishing above or below the dam?, I was wondering if the white bass may be stacking below the dam, may head there soon, congrats!
Thanks.....I was fishing up in the lake. I know the whites have been below the dam when they are running generators.

Regards
Old 12-03-2016, 03:30 PM

White bass are below the dam at Nickajack. Friend and I caught limit there yesterday. They are mostly males running small.
Old 12-03-2016, 03:43 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
White bass are below the dam at Nickajack. Friend and I caught limit there yesterday. They are mostly males running small.
Good info.

Regards
Old 12-03-2016, 04:43 PM
rookie

Thanks for the info Mr Randy and John