FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 07-17-2016, 11:31 PM

Default JPP this past week

My cousin from Tulsa was in all week and we hit priest hard monday, tuesday and friday. We fished deep, shallow and all in between. Solid 8 hours throwing deep cranks looking for schooling bass and just didnt find em. Fish here, fish there but no schools. Our best pattern came pitching jigs way up lake where wood was overhanging a steep drop. We did pretty good tuesday boating 23 between the 2 of us. Biggest was 4.6. some fish were super shallow, tucked between the big chunk rock.
The deep spots we were cranking had all the signs that i would have thought would draw bass. Mid lake humps with a fair amount of bait hanging close by. We did catch quite a few smallies though with our various techniques and patterns which was a nice bonus among some ho-hum days.
I attached a few pics of a few of the nicer fish we got.
On a side note, i bought a KVD 7'-4" cranking stick from cabelas for $39.99 and that rod is a dream for throwing 6XD's all day. Lol.
The big gal my cousin got was from up in crossville. Lucky S.O.B crushes 1 giant everytime we get together. Lol.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160712_133440.jpg (1.88 MB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg 20160711_123147.jpg (1.70 MB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg 20160711_105632(0).jpg (1.74 MB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg 20160710_131548.jpg (2.01 MB, 70 views)
Old 07-18-2016, 05:05 AM

How big was that fish? Looks like you guys had good action most days

Mike

Mike
Old 07-18-2016, 07:05 AM
Dakota S

Congrats on your catch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-18-2016, 10:41 AM

Nice!

I have also been trying to locate those summer schools, and haven't seen the first school of fish. Good report.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Old 07-18-2016, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNfisher View Post
How big was that fish? Looks like you guys had good action most days

Mike
That big bass weighed 8.8 on his digital scale.
Yeah we caught some fish all over but just couldnt put anything together. He was happy with the fish we got pitching, but i told him there are always bass shallow. Fishing the pure mud/orange waters around tulsa he doesnt have to look any deeper than 8-10' to find plenty of good fish so he was lost on the deep water cranking. It just blew his mind. Lol.
It was a great week no doubt, glad he got that hybrid and that beast out east too.
Old 07-18-2016, 11:19 AM

Your typical deep spots not produce? Did you jig blades?

Mike

Mike
Old 07-18-2016, 11:35 AM

They did not. Well, let me clarify. To a degree, everything worked and produced but not nearly the results i was anticipating. Now, some were "community holes" like the rock hump in front of nashville shores, rock hump kinda across from elm hill, a few other scattered ledges all produced fish on a variety of baits but 1 fish for every 40-50 casts between 2 guys is not what i would consider good fishing. Blades pulled small fish from my deep water wood, but far and few in between.
I dont want to come off as me complaining about what we caught, but i had a little different expectations for the results. Lol. You would think a main lake tri-hump area with bait lingering off the ledge in 25-30 would be loaded....well at least i did....lol....but i guess the fish had different plans. I was throwing cranks and he was throwing an array of swim baits and soft plastics.
Just bad timing i guess.