FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 05-17-2016, 08:54 AM
SaltySportsmanTV

Exclamation Piranhas on Percy Priest Lake

So last weekend when Dirk AKA Fishaholic and I fished at JPP when we were fishing for bass on the rock ledges. I switched my rod/bait to a slider and immediately got cut off... my first thought was it must have been bad line or my knot was bad because I had that bait on that rod since the last fishing trip?.... but then..... Dirk casted into the same area and he got immediately cut off with a bite and then we both saw a Dark crappie / piranha shaped fish jump out of the water with Dirks bait in its mouth??? If you have any insight as to what this may have been please shed light.
Old 05-17-2016, 11:31 AM

I wonder if it was a pacu? There's been several caught in Old Hickory.
Old 05-17-2016, 11:40 AM

There have been Piranha caught in JPP over the years, a few were quite large. TWRA is concerned, they suggested the Piranha would not survive due to the winters we have, however they have. There are a number of invasive fish in there. A python washed ashore one year at Long Hunter SP ramp during a particularly harsh winter season. It was 10'+, this I personally witnessed. As long as there are stupid people in the world we will continue to have incidents like this, bongo and the clown circus is pumping in fundamentally retarded illegals in this country at a phenomenal rate therefor this should continue to be the norm throughout the US.
Old 05-17-2016, 11:51 AM

It's happened before on Priest too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT50j_wr1ro

I can't tell if that's a Pacu or Pirahna, can't see the teeth. Either way, it's definitely not supposed to be in there. This happens when people release their pets in the lake. I seem to recall confirmed cases of Pirahna caught in our lakes but forget which lakes.

I feel bad for people who don't hunt and fish. They never get to experience God's creation the way we do.

SUMKINA Bait Company Prostaff
Old 05-17-2016, 11:56 AM
SaltySportsmanTV

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paincave View Post
I wonder if it was a pacu? There's been several caught in Old Hickory.
Defiantly looked like that "shape wise" but when i looked up the pictures of a "pacu" they appear much larger than what I saw. What I saw was about the size of a Crappie. Thanks for the info (Paincave) Ill look into it, especially since they were caught on OH.
Old 05-17-2016, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
bongo and the clown circus is pumping in fundamentally retarded illegals in this country at a phenomenal rate therefor this should continue to be the norm throughout the US.
I propose we build a better dam and make the piranahas pay for it!

#MakeJPPGreatAgain

I feel bad for people who don't hunt and fish. They never get to experience God's creation the way we do.

Old 05-17-2016, 12:03 PM
SaltySportsmanTV

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
There have been Piranha caught in JPP over the years, a few were quite large. TWRA is concerned, they suggested the Piranha would not survive due to the winters we have, however they have. There are a number of invasive fish in there. A python washed ashore one year at Long Hunter SP ramp during a particularly harsh winter season. It was 10'+, this I personally witnessed. As long as there are stupid people in the world we will continue to have incidents like this, bongo and the clown circus is pumping in fundamentally retarded illegals in this country at a phenomenal rate therefor this should continue to be the norm throughout the US.
Gosh (Notorious) what a unnerving, unfortunate truth that is! I'm hearing incidences like this all over, especially going on in the north Florida regions of the salt water fisheries. We as anglers need to represent the importance of protection of these "our" fisheries as best as we can! Good word, Thanks!
Old 05-17-2016, 12:05 PM
SaltySportsmanTV

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jad2t View Post

#MakeJPPGreatAgain
Hahahahaaa... Nailed it jad2t! Was that an indirect on who your voting for lol!
Old 05-17-2016, 12:07 PM
SaltySportsmanTV

Arrow

Quote:

#MakeJPPGreatAgain
Unfortunately, the Dam will not be of any assistance if their dumping from the shore lines!
Old 05-17-2016, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltySportsmanTV View Post
Hahahahaaa... Nailed it jad2t! Was that an indirect on who your voting for lol!
I'm as Conservative as they come but HELL NO I am not voting for him.

Old 05-17-2016, 12:26 PM

Quote:
I'm as Conservative as they come but HELL NO I am not voting for him.
If the Donald is the nominee and you don't vote for him, you may as well vote for Hillary cause it would be the same thing. Just sayin
Old 05-17-2016, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnarcher View Post
If the Donald is the nominee and you don't vote for him, you may as well vote for Hillary cause it would be the same thing. Just sayin
I don't like crooked, smug, dishonest, left wing, pro abortion, anti gun, pro big government candidates. So neither of the two get my vote.

Men did not fight a war and die in the late 1700's so that we could keep playing this "vote for the lesser of 2 evils" game. Let's not turn this into a political debate though. We can make a thread in the general forum to discuss the election.

Old 05-17-2016, 01:10 PM
SaltySportsmanTV

Thumbs up

Quote:
I don't like crooked, smug, dishonest, left wing, pro abortion, anti gun, pro big government candidates. So neither of the two get my vote.

Men did not fight a war and die in the late 1700's so that we could keep playing this "vote for the lesser of 2 evils" game. Let's not turn this into a political debate though. We can make a thread in the general forum to discuss the election.
I'm with you, I'm personally not a political guy so I'll pass but thanks for the offer.
Old 05-17-2016, 01:16 PM
SaltySportsmanTV

Thumbs up Note:

This is not a political thread, I did not know with what I said it was going to unwind like that! So please disregard any political statements on this thread and get back on the topic of piranhas on Percy Priest Lake which is a much more relevant conversation on a fishing forum.
Old 05-17-2016, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltySportsmanTV View Post
This is not a political thread, I did not know with what I said it was going to unwind like that! So please disregard any political statements on this thread and get back on the topic of piranhas on Percy Priest Lake which is a much more relevant conversation on a fishing forum.
If you take the destruction of the USA during the last 8 years into consideration an educational discussion on politics is as important as discussing fishing (regardless of the type of forum).