FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 05-13-2016, 10:29 AM

Default Dale Hollow bound

Heading to Dale Hollow this day if anyone would like to meet and or fish, I'll be at Horse Creek in a camouflage Xpress and a white Government Motors P/U. Staying the night or more pending the bite, Steaks and Margaritas on me in the community kitchen at the motel. Smallies by day and Wallies by night is the agenda....bring enough rod.
Old 05-13-2016, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
Heading to Dale Hollow this day if anyone would like to meet and or fish, I'll be at Horse Creek in a camouflage Xpress and a white Government Motors P/U. Staying the night or more pending the bite, Steaks and Margaritas on me in the community kitchen at the motel. Smallies by day and Wallies by night is the agenda....bring enough rod.

Sounds like one hell of an invite.
Old 05-13-2016, 07:31 PM
Dakota S

Great invite! I'll be fishing a tournament on old hickory tomorrow. Just one of the three. Geezz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-13-2016, 07:42 PM

I would love to go but I am in Montana.
Old 05-13-2016, 08:01 PM
Master Trout Magnet

They are there...see report.

Regards
Old 05-14-2016, 04:22 PM

Made it back and a thanks to the young man who sent me a PM. Caught SM and Kat yesterday and this morning and I believe the bite was hindered by the cold front around 0930 and I simply choose not to fight 20+mph winds, therefore I called it around 1400 today. There were several Kat being caught on jugs and a few walleye here and there in the evening, however those rascals eluded me once again. WT 69-72*, water color remains moderately clear to 6-10'+-. Swimbait's continue to produce, tubes in addition. I spoke to a friend and his brother who did fair on the Bream/Shellcrackers with some SM action to boot. I talked to a few bank fishermen who were catching some Crappie on jigs and minnows at the dam and they obliged me in retrieving a spinner bait I rocketed in a tree last night on a foul cast. One fella did very well pitching shiners with a solid reward...all this prior to today's cool snap.
Any-hoo all fun and another shout-out to Mitch and Thomas at Horse Creek for being such stand up folks.
Old 05-15-2016, 12:18 AM

Dont ya hate it when ya make the perfect cast and those lousy tree limbs jump right out and snatch your bait!
Happens to me on priest all the time. Lol.
I swear, i even amaze myself with some of the casts i make sometimes! lol ya just take a step back and think..."now how in the HE$@ did i manage to do THAT"! lol.