FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 04-19-2016, 07:57 AM
Fatpat_33

Smile Just wondering

Hey fellas, just throwing out a line and hoping for some luck wondering if anyone would know of some good land to hunt down some turkeys on. I've been hitting Cheatham WMA hard every weekend. Took a buddy from the Army who has never been hunting and got him and I a bird! (Picture attached) first double Ive ever had. But I am ETS'ing out of the Army next month and heading home. Last day is the 25th of next month and I'm back to the good old OHIO after that. I'd really like to get some good hunting in before I head home so if anyone out there hears this call please shoot me a message. Also if someone out there has land that they don't want thunderchickens on, I'd be more than happy to take care of that problem! Much thanks as always everyone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 123_1.jpg (320.5 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg 2016-04-09 13.25.04.jpg (1.43 MB, 59 views)
Old 04-19-2016, 08:09 AM

If you killed those birds at Cheatham you did well. Heavy pressure makes for smart birds on that WMA. Why don't you hunt on post at Ft. Campbell? My son is the aide to the Commanding General and I had an opportunity to hunt last year on post and my impression was that it was covered up with turkeys. A better option than most WMA's and even better than LBL which is damn good itself.
Old 04-19-2016, 02:53 PM

Go thick and super stelth at Fort Cambell and LBL for quality birds. FC would be my choice any day other than private property.
Old 04-19-2016, 05:17 PM

The owner of Moore Const. in Clarksville has land in Houston County on Grices creek "It is loaded with birds".
Call him and tell him what you just told us.
Old 04-19-2016, 07:00 PM
Fatpat_33

Default Much thanks

Thank you fellas for the quick response, never turkey hunted fort Campbell before, only archery for deer. I will most definitely give it a try this year, always thought that FC had less than average turkey hunting on it. Glad to hear I was wrong though. And Mr Halli, I would love to give him a call, do you think he would have an issue wish I phone call?
Old 04-19-2016, 07:32 PM

Another nice place to hunt birds and get away from the crowds is Catoosa just outside of Crossville Tennessee.

Bring your house slippers though those mountain birds are weary…

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-20-2016, 01:43 PM

congrats on the birds man! Ive been hunting Ft Campbell this year pretty hard, opening day I shot a jake and then on the annual CG hunt I got paired with an awesome guide and we shot 4 birds! He said FT Campbell is one of the best places in the country to hunt turkeys. That being said, last weekend they were lock jaw, and ive been listening a bit before PT this week and still havnt heard much so it makes it hard to hunt. Hit me up with a PM though and I'd be more than glad to tell you what I know about spots on post.