FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 05-21-2015, 02:17 AM
Woody

Thumbs up Old Hickory Lake fishing report 5/20/2015

Mr. ED and I went out yesterday and I hooked 8 bass and landed 5. The three I lost were on the shaky head wide gap hook and this makes 6 big bass I have lost on this style jig. Looks like I'm staying with the wide gap hook worm rig it works better for me. Mr. ED likes using small jigs with a float and he caught one small bass and three bluegills on a black/chart twister tail grub and I was using a june bug fuzzy beaver on the shaky head and the 8" june bug lizard on the Texas style worm rig. All fish were caught in three to ten foot of water and released for another day. The water temperature was 71.4 and sunny, so till the next time out good luck and GOD BLESS.................WOODY
Old 05-21-2015, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacklemake View Post
Mr. ED and I went out yesterday and I hooked 8 bass and landed 5. The three I lost were on the shaky head wide gap hook and this makes 6 big bass I have lost on this style jig. Looks like I'm staying with the wide gap hook worm rig it works better for me. Mr. ED likes using small jigs with a float and he caught one small bass and three bluegills on a black/chart twister tail grub and I was using a june bug fuzzy beaver on the shaky head and the 8" june bug lizard on the Texas style worm rig. All fish were caught in three to ten foot of water and released for another day. The water temperature was 71.4 and sunny, so till the next time out good luck and GOD BLESS.................WOODY
Old 05-21-2015, 04:01 PM

Default Thanks tacklemate

Thanks for the reports on old hickory. Them are some nice fish you've been catching.
Old 05-21-2015, 04:26 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Another good report Woody. A little on the cool side today.

Regards