FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 03-30-2017, 10:00 PM
Master Trout Magnet

I tell you about these rods. It is what I choose to spend money on....it's why I don't have any spare money also....LOL. Almost 95 percent of my fishing is finesse fishing with a micro jig. These rods are designed to cast a jig that weighs less than 1 gram.......and feel it on your retrieve. The key is when you no longer feel the resistance of your jig a fish has it and you set the hook. These are made to be the most sensitive rods on the planet....but it is not about sensitivity in the traditional sense. It is uncanny fishing with one of these. They are designed to catch tiny horse mackerel. The Japanese fish for these because they are hard to catch.....good to eat.....very hard to feel the bite.....thus requiring a sensitive rod. It is about the tips that allow you to feel the "off bite" vs the "on bite". The on bite is when a fish hits and turns to run....the off bite is when the fish sucks the bait in and sits there or even swims toward you at the same space you are reeling. So upon reading about all of that I thought these rods would be perfect for crappie and or bluegill.....and they are. Now if someone thinks I am saying one needs to have a rod like this to catch fish I am not. I fish with these for that "off bite"...that just maybe a 16 inch crappie or 10 inch bluegill that I might have never felt and the fish would blow the lure before I set the hook....I could get those fish. If I really wanted to step up I could use the line the Japanese use to make this the ultimate setup...1.5# test fluorocarbon. I did it for a while and it is something else using that line...but you can't buy 1.5# test FC here and it is expensive to order out of Japan or Europe. Now I think I have talked myself into ordering some more 1.5# test FC line....LOL. Life is good!

Regards