PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard of this?

Trealtree
08-04-2013, 09:11 PM
http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/man-sues-fishing-group-over-1m-prize-100021569.html

Reel Tune
08-05-2013, 01:03 PM
Wow that's a tough one. I say if it's legal then payup. Was Mustad the one supposed to be paying up or the IGFA?

Jeremy

Travis C.
08-05-2013, 02:05 PM
The guy has been fighting this for a while if I remember correctly. Without a picture of the lure this statement he made gives me a red flag:

"Ply said he did not use a spreader bar, but instead used a homemade spinnerbait lure, which typically has a blade-shaped object to spin like a propeller. He said his homemade object "cannot reasonably or in good faith be classified as a spreader bar," according to the lawsuit."

Was it a homemade spinnerbait or not? Since typically and object were used that leads me to believe he was fabricating a lure that may have been in the gray area of the rules.

Trealtree
08-05-2013, 02:51 PM
Wow that's a tough one. I say if it's legal then payup. Was Mustad the one supposed to be paying up or the IGFA?

Jeremy

Well it said that mustad wasn't a defendant and the he's suing IGFA but I don't know i think the lure he was using was a spinner bate with 5 blades on it I guess similar to the alabama rig but he said it only had one hook. I know I would be upset either way.

Trealtree
08-05-2013, 02:56 PM

I'm guessing it could be similar to this. But I don't know.

Alphahawk
08-05-2013, 04:07 PM

Jeremy

I saw all those adds on fishing shows where Mustad would pay the money if you used their hook. But I am assuming since the record was denied then Mustad can say the record was not broken.

Regards