PDA

View Full Version : Jug regulations on JPP

j19bill
06-02-2013, 07:12 PM
Just got on JPP to put out some jugs. I had another guy on a boat come flying up on me telling me it was against regulations to put out jugs on the weekend on JPP and OH. I have gone through the new regulations book I have with me and don't see anything like that. Has anyone seen or heard this?

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Board Express

Travis C.
06-02-2013, 08:46 PM
i think they are confused with the reg on twra lakes not corps ones.

bd-
06-02-2013, 09:06 PM
Don't you just love it when people lecture you on fishing regulations that don't exist?

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk 2

JandSCattleCo
06-02-2013, 09:24 PM
Yeah he's wrong. 50 per person.

Me and a buddy soaked 90 the other night.

You know anything about any jugging tournaments on Priest?

j19bill
06-02-2013, 10:34 PM
i think they are confused with the reg on twra lakes not corps ones.

Don't you just love it when people lecture you on fishing regulations that don't exist?

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah he's wrong. 50 per person.

Me and a buddy soaked 90 the other night.

You know anything about any jugging tournaments on Priest?

Thanks guys I knew y'all would have an answer for me. I figured he was wrong. Just wanted to make sure nothing had changed without us knowing. What really got to me was him speeding in there throwing waves, telling us that, then speeding about 200yds off and watching us. I think we were where he wanted to fish and was mad about it. We were in a new cove that we haven't fished before so maybe that was his normal spot. As far as im concerned he can have his spot back It was not good only caught 6 smaller cats. Editing a short video now.

I don't know anything about jugging tournaments on JPP, but I would like to.

agelesssone
06-03-2013, 12:27 AM
I did accost two jug fishermen jug fishing SE of Long Hunter launch on JPP this afternoon about jug fishing JPP on the weekend. And I apologize after reading the regs tonight, I stand humbled and apologetic for misreading the regs regarding TWRA lakes and NOT the reservoirs.

But I will also note that I was not the person speeding up in a boat. I was trolling for crappie at a very sedate 1.8 mph and never varied my speed nor set at any point. I merely kept trolling along and left the cove and went elsewhere.

Sincerely,

Merv Johnson

tkwalker
06-03-2013, 01:42 AM
I did accost two jug fishermen jug fishing SE of Long Hunter launch on JPP this afternoon about jug fishing JPP on the weekend. And I apologize after reading the regs tonight, I stand humbled and apologetic for misreading the regs regarding TWRA lakes and NOT the reservoirs.

But I will also note that I was not the person speeding up in a boat. I was trolling for crappie at a very sedate 1.8 mph and never varied my speed nor set at any point. I merely kept trolling along and left the cove and went elsewhere.

Sincerely,

Merv Johnson

Merv, you are a scholar and a Gentleman (probably because of Susi, just kidding :eek:) ... We old War Dogs have to temper our temperament ... You would think it would get easier as we get older ... <'TK>< :)

j19bill
06-03-2013, 06:37 AM

Sincerely,

Merv Johnson

Wasn't you. Didn't speed in and wrong area. Hope whoever your guys were didn't stop.

j19bill
06-03-2013, 07:02 AM
I do appreciate the apology even though it wasn't you. We all make mistakes. This guy was a complete jerk about it all.

I know we jug fishermen are the scourge of the water.

fatherof4
06-03-2013, 07:54 AM
I feel like its more intolerance to what they are not comfortable with and how their mamma raised them... I have had the big Rangers/Skeeters pull off their run and watch my boys catch crappie or Stripe and then congratulate-and i have had guys pull up and stop right in front of my path-knowing they are in the wrong because they don't dare look up. We have been fishing the jumps with spinners and a bass boat pulled right along side of us and started pitching a senko- It really doesn't matter what type of fishing you do-someone is always going to have a problem with your style or they just don't give a poop...

fatherof4
06-03-2013, 08:03 AM
And one more thing, my daughter and three sons have good manners. Yes and no sir, please and thank you! I have watched my daughter stand outside the car when her date got in and forgot to open her door first- my boys, although much younger will treat a lady with respect and no pushing the girls. I got a feeling the guy that ran up to you in the big boat and told you NO jugs probably wasn't raised right.

Man-I feel better!

j19bill
06-03-2013, 10:40 AM
I know what you mean fatherof4. My brother and I usually fish at night because there is nobody else out there. But we wanted to try something different.

Saltwaterwalt
06-03-2013, 07:49 PM
I do appreciate the apology even though it wasn't you. We all make mistakes. This guy was a complete jerk about it all.

I know we jug fishermen are the scourge of the water.

Jug fishing is fine ... as long as you pick up your jugs when you're done :D

I do think about this everytime I go across the 109 bridge being reconstructed and see the same 15-20 jugs up along that cove against the road...they've been there since last fall!

Jdkxtreme
06-03-2013, 10:01 PM
Jug fishing is fine ... as long as you pick up your jugs when you're done :D

I do think about this everytime I go across the 109 bridge being reconstructed and see the same 15-20 jugs up along that cove against the road...they've been there since last fall!

Are you sure you are not talking about Larguardo? There are about 15-20 jugs there but they are tied to cedar trees. I am under the 109 bridge every Wednesday and have not saw those jugs.

j19bill
06-03-2013, 10:55 PM
We never put out more than we can keep up with. 20-25 anymore than that its too much like work.

Sent from my Windows Nokia Lumia 928 complete with typos.

Saltwaterwalt
06-04-2013, 10:45 AM
Are you sure you are not talking about Larguardo? There are about 15-20 jugs there but they are tied to cedar trees. I am under the 109 bridge every Wednesday and have not saw those jugs.

Yep, you're right, it is Larguardo. I imagine they're snagged into those cedars...either way...they've been there since fall. If I ever fish that area, I'm going to clean it up (I always carry a black garbage bag in my boat for such occassions.) :D

Jdkxtreme
06-04-2013, 12:11 PM
Yep, you're right, it is Larguardo. I imagine they're snagged into those cedars...either way...they've been there since fall. If I ever fish that area, I'm going to clean it up (I always carry a black garbage bag in my boat for such occassions.) :D

I do not think they were put there by Fisherpeople. I think the TWRA placed them there and placed the bottles on them. There are a couple other places like that with the bottles on them.

agelesssone
06-04-2013, 12:49 PM
The TWRA attaches bottles to all the Christmas trees they sink.

Travis C.
06-04-2013, 12:53 PM

Those on the right heading to I-40?

They are TWRA fish attractors. There are two areas to the left of the ramp and one to the right if you are standing on the ramp facing the lake.

Saltwaterwalt
06-04-2013, 03:49 PM
The TWRA attaches bottles to all the Christmas trees they sink.

If that's the case, then Col. DeLapp really did spend all our money if he had to start using empty soda bottles! LOL :D

j19bill
06-04-2013, 04:29 PM
If that's the case, then Col. DeLapp really did spend all our money if he had to start using empty soda bottles! LOL :D
TWRA is Different than the Corps. Corps Shouldn't have anything to do with fish attractors. So DeLapp is innocent in this.

Sent from my Windows Nokia Lumia 928 complete with typos.