PDA

View Full Version : Piranhas on Percy Priest Lake

SaltySportsmanTV
05-17-2016, 08:54 AM
So last weekend when Dirk AKA Fishaholic and I fished at JPP when we were fishing for bass on the rock ledges. I switched my rod/bait to a slider and immediately got cut off... my first thought was it must have been bad line or my knot was bad because I had that bait on that rod since the last fishing trip?.... but then..... Dirk casted into the same area and he got immediately cut off with a bite and then we both saw a Dark crappie / piranha shaped fish jump out of the water with Dirks bait in its mouth??? If you have any insight as to what this may have been please shed light.

Paincave
05-17-2016, 11:31 AM
I wonder if it was a pacu? There's been several caught in Old Hickory.

notorious
05-17-2016, 11:40 AM
There have been Piranha caught in JPP over the years, a few were quite large. TWRA is concerned, they suggested the Piranha would not survive due to the winters we have, however they have. There are a number of invasive fish in there. A python washed ashore one year at Long Hunter SP ramp during a particularly harsh winter season. It was 10'+, this I personally witnessed. As long as there are stupid people in the world we will continue to have incidents like this, bongo and the clown circus is pumping in fundamentally retarded illegals in this country at a phenomenal rate therefor this should continue to be the norm throughout the US.

jad2t
05-17-2016, 11:51 AM
It's happened before on Priest too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT50j_wr1ro

I can't tell if that's a Pacu or Pirahna, can't see the teeth. Either way, it's definitely not supposed to be in there. This happens when people release their pets in the lake. I seem to recall confirmed cases of Pirahna caught in our lakes but forget which lakes.

SaltySportsmanTV
05-17-2016, 11:56 AM
I wonder if it was a pacu? There's been several caught in Old Hickory.

Defiantly looked like that "shape wise" but when i looked up the pictures of a "pacu" they appear much larger than what I saw. What I saw was about the size of a Crappie. Thanks for the info (Paincave) Ill look into it, especially since they were caught on OH.

jad2t
05-17-2016, 11:59 AM
bongo and the clown circus is pumping in fundamentally retarded illegals in this country at a phenomenal rate therefor this should continue to be the norm throughout the US.

I propose we build a better dam and make the piranahas pay for it!

#MakeJPPGreatAgain

SaltySportsmanTV
05-17-2016, 12:03 PM
There have been Piranha caught in JPP over the years, a few were quite large. TWRA is concerned, they suggested the Piranha would not survive due to the winters we have, however they have. There are a number of invasive fish in there. A python washed ashore one year at Long Hunter SP ramp during a particularly harsh winter season. It was 10'+, this I personally witnessed. As long as there are stupid people in the world we will continue to have incidents like this, bongo and the clown circus is pumping in fundamentally retarded illegals in this country at a phenomenal rate therefor this should continue to be the norm throughout the US.
Gosh (Notorious) what a unnerving, unfortunate truth that is! I'm hearing incidences like this all over, especially going on in the north Florida regions of the salt water fisheries. We as anglers need to represent the importance of protection of these "our" fisheries as best as we can! Good word, Thanks!

SaltySportsmanTV
05-17-2016, 12:05 PM

#MakeJPPGreatAgain
Hahahahaaa... Nailed it jad2t! Was that an indirect on who your voting for lol!

SaltySportsmanTV
05-17-2016, 12:07 PM

#MakeJPPGreatAgain

Unfortunately, the Dam will not be of any assistance if their dumping from the shore lines!

jad2t
05-17-2016, 12:13 PM
Hahahahaaa... Nailed it jad2t! Was that an indirect on who your voting for lol!

I'm as Conservative as they come but HELL NO I am not voting for him.

Tnarcher
05-17-2016, 12:26 PM
I'm as Conservative as they come but HELL NO I am not voting for him.
If the Donald is the nominee and you don't vote for him, you may as well vote for Hillary cause it would be the same thing. Just sayin

jad2t
05-17-2016, 12:35 PM
If the Donald is the nominee and you don't vote for him, you may as well vote for Hillary cause it would be the same thing. Just sayin

I don't like crooked, smug, dishonest, left wing, pro abortion, anti gun, pro big government candidates. So neither of the two get my vote.

Men did not fight a war and die in the late 1700's so that we could keep playing this "vote for the lesser of 2 evils" game. Let's not turn this into a political debate though. We can make a thread in the general forum to discuss the election.

SaltySportsmanTV
05-17-2016, 01:10 PM
I don't like crooked, smug, dishonest, left wing, pro abortion, anti gun, pro big government candidates. So neither of the two get my vote.

Men did not fight a war and die in the late 1700's so that we could keep playing this "vote for the lesser of 2 evils" game. Let's not turn this into a political debate though. We can make a thread in the general forum to discuss the election.
I'm with you, I'm personally not a political guy so I'll pass but thanks for the offer.

SaltySportsmanTV
05-17-2016, 01:16 PM
This is not a political thread, I did not know with what I said it was going to unwind like that! So please disregard any political statements on this thread and get back on the topic of piranhas on Percy Priest Lake which is a much more relevant conversation on a fishing forum.

SAMBOLIE
05-17-2016, 05:45 PM
This is not a political thread, I did not know with what I said it was going to unwind like that! So please disregard any political statements on this thread and get back on the topic of piranhas on Percy Priest Lake which is a much more relevant conversation on a fishing forum.

If you take the destruction of the USA during the last 8 years into consideration an educational discussion on politics is as important as discussing fishing (regardless of the type of forum).

gordonc615
05-17-2016, 05:48 PM
If I still had the picture... it very well may be piranha.. I caught one on shrimp when I was catfishing back some ten years ago. I actually had the pix up at Norts if that tells u anything

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Halli
05-17-2016, 05:55 PM

I agree some folks talk the talk but don't walk the walk.

XxthejuicexX
05-17-2016, 07:52 PM
Feel the Bern! That is all :p

This country had a good run. After it's destroyed maybe we can build it back on the foundation on the constitution.

Finding random fish in a lake does not surprise me anymore. Did TWRA start stocking the yellow bass in JPP years ago or did someone dump them in the lake? I remember fishing while I was younger and never catching them.

SaltySportsmanTV
05-17-2016, 08:16 PM
If I still had the picture... it very well may be piranha.. I caught one on shrimp when I was catfishing back some ten years ago. I actually had the pix up at Norts if that tells u anything

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Yes, I agree, I did see one caught on that YouTube video that was posted on this thread, so it's definitely possible!

SaltySportsmanTV
05-17-2016, 08:18 PM
Feel the Bern! That is all :p

This country had a good run. After it's destroyed maybe we can build it back on the foundation on the constitution.

Finding random fish in a lake does not surprise me anymore. Did TWRA start stocking the yellow bass in JPP years ago or did someone dump them in the lake? I remember fishing while I was younger and never catching them.
Hahaaaa....Dumped them in!!!😂😂😂😂😂

jad2t
05-18-2016, 08:01 AM
Hillary and Donald threw the piranahs in there

SAMBOLIE
05-18-2016, 08:55 AM
Hillary and Donald threw the piranahs in there

Hillary is a piranha. Maybe she swam there and gave birth at the same time.

Travis C.
05-18-2016, 11:06 AM
So last weekend when Dirk AKA Fishaholic and I fished at JPP when we were fishing for bass on the rock ledges. I switched my rod/bait to a slider and immediately got cut off... my first thought was it must have been bad line or my knot was bad because I had that bait on that rod since the last fishing trip?.... but then..... Dirk casted into the same area and he got immediately cut off with a bite and then we both saw a Dark crappie / piranha shaped fish jump out of the water with Dirks bait in its mouth??? If you have any insight as to what this may have been please shed light.

Warmouth are spawning right now and they can get decent size for the species. They also hit hard and fight hard for size. It's possible you guys had a nice one biting your bait.

Warmouth also color up uniquely at spawn time and would match the crappie shaped fish. They also love rocks.

XxthejuicexX
05-18-2016, 11:35 AM
Warmouth are spawning right now and they can get decent size for the species. They also hit hard and fight hard for size. It's possible you guys had a nice one biting your bait.

Warmouth also color up uniquely at spawn time and would match the crappie shaped fish. They also love rocks.

Don't go bringing logic into this. It's a thread about piranhas on priest, Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump.

jad2t
05-18-2016, 12:22 PM
Bernie did it. He felt it was unfair that some lakes have piranhas and some don't.

lupanfreitag
05-18-2016, 02:30 PM
I heard from a reliable source that piranha in Caney Fork. They even jump in the boat. I recommend all parties stop fishing the Caney. All persons in canoes too. The place is a death trap. Especially on holiday weekends. They love the holiday feed. I am so glad I was able to share this with all of you. Save yourselves. Stay away.

SAMBOLIE
05-18-2016, 05:20 PM
Bernie did it. He felt it was unfair that some lakes have piranhas and some don't.

I am eagerly awaiting for you to catch one and provide us with a recipe. :D

skillet
05-18-2016, 07:28 PM

Filet them out, lay them on a cedar plank, put butter, cut lemons, a little salt and pepper. Put it in the oven and cook for 20 minutes at 375 degrees. Throw the fish away and eat the cedar plank!!!!

tkwalker
05-18-2016, 10:56 PM
Okay Guys ... As much as I hate to interrupt, lets don't side swipe the initial subject of this post... I think we have plenty of time to respond to the politics in the next 6 months... Which is really bad actually it shows the true colors of some of our members ... So from now on if it's political, and I know how easy it is to jab and change directions ... Lets go to the "Sports Lounge" ... Thanks <'TK><:)

jad2t
05-19-2016, 07:44 AM

No way dude. I'd never eat one. Eating fish destroys the fishery because fish will cease to exist if we eat them. I've decided to be one of those guys that kills deer during the rut and turkeys in the Spring breeding season but makes myself feel morally superior to others by preaching about strict catch and release.

You fish eaters disgust me. :D

XxthejuicexX
05-19-2016, 08:16 AM
No way dude. I'd never eat one. Eating fish destroys the fishery because fish will cease to exist if we eat them. I've decided to be one of those guys that kills deer during the rut and turkeys in the Spring breeding season but makes myself feel morally superior to others by preaching about strict catch and release.

‘Fish, for sport only, not for meat. Fish meat is practically a vegetable’

XxthejuicexX
05-19-2016, 08:18 AM

All I ever see is them wrapped in banana leaves and grilled over an open fire.

jad2t
05-19-2016, 08:18 AM
‘Fish, for sport only, not for meat. Fish meat is practically a vegetable’

Remember in another episode he also is quoted as saying "I like fishing, it's relaxing like yoga except I get to kill something."

Ron Swanson is a flip flopper!

JeffsLowe
05-19-2016, 10:01 AM

Back at ya....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0O_VYcsIk8

:)

jad2t
05-19-2016, 10:08 AM
That guy is awesome. He recently put out a video mocking people who spend outrageous amounts of money on essential oils, the latest in overpriced health products that do nothing. You should watch it.

MNfisher
05-19-2016, 11:22 AM
That's the funniest thing I've ever seen

Mike

Heiny57
05-19-2016, 04:39 PM
LOL love it