PDA

View Full Version : Spring fishing

AllOutdoors
02-06-2016, 01:28 AM
It should be warming up soon. I'm ready for some shallow river fishing if it ever stops raining.http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/02/05/ef38c6df037be266f8e7a65d21b3b4da.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/02/05/1cab78ce54a52a41036cbb9a93321152.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/02/05/9077b945395b24b72907c22dd8391b71.jpg

metaniumxg
02-06-2016, 02:40 AM
Nice smallies! What river is that if I can ask?

SalmonDaze
02-06-2016, 08:33 AM
Nice jet pack. You should be hitting the Caney today.

XxthejuicexX
02-06-2016, 08:52 AM
Nice fish! I like the jet boat too.

AllOutdoors
02-10-2016, 01:09 AM
Nice smallies! What river is that if I can ask?
It's a secret. But the dirty, chocolate milk Duck that has no fish comes to mind. These even came from that skanky water.http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/02/09/11d1402c23021c637383ee2c80a7cb8e.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/02/09/263dd37c65cc3c4a16c73b98d96e50bf.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/02/09/e64fbfb22e3618564c08e09028a4cd7a.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/02/09/b722618004de37ba7192ee6aa3cf2cbc.jpg

AllOutdoors
02-10-2016, 02:08 AM
The lower it gets the better!

Reel Tune
02-10-2016, 08:44 AM
That's one sick jet boat. Is that antifreeze in the livewell around that crappie?

XxthejuicexX
02-10-2016, 09:04 AM
That's one sick jet boat. Is that antifreeze in the livewell around that crappie?

I'm thinking it might be the crappie measuring device

Alphahawk
02-10-2016, 09:59 AM

My thoughts also.

Regards

Reel Tune
02-10-2016, 11:46 AM

My thoughts also.

Regards

Why would it be left in the livewell?

AllOutdoors
02-10-2016, 01:20 PM
Why would it be left in the livewell?
Thanks on the boat. As for the crappie measurer, I found they break easily when left on the casting decks and are stepped on. Also, they tend to blow out of the boat when running down the river. I tried wearing it as a hat, where it would always be handy.....but it didn't fit just right. I screwed it to the passenger seat to keep it from blowing out, however they tend to break when my fishing partner would sit on it, plus the whiner said it wasn't comfortable to sit on. Also there were complaints from said passengers that their buttocks smelled like fish. Running out of options to keep it secure and handy, I decided to store it in the livewell. After all, if the crappie measures that's where they go. I might try storing the crappie measurer and fish in the gas tank to see if that is any easier. My only concern with that is, making the hole to drop the fish and measurer through. I m afraid i might melt the plastic tank while cutting a hole in the gas tank with my cutting torch.:D:D

skillet
02-10-2016, 06:04 PM
Thanks on the boat. As for the crappie measurer, I found they break easily when left on the casting decks and are stepped on. Also, they tend to blow out of the boat when running down the river. I tried wearing it as a hat, where it would always be handy.....but it didn't fit just right. I screwed it to the passenger seat to keep it from blowing out, however they tend to break when my fishing partner would sit on it, plus the whiner said it wasn't comfortable to sit on. Also there were complaints from said passengers that their buttocks smelled like fish. Running out of options to keep it secure and handy, I decided to store it in the livewell. After all, if the crappie measures that's where they go. I might try storing the crappie measurer and fish in the gas tank to see if that is any easier. My only concern with that is, making the hole to drop the fish and measurer through. I m afraid i might melt the plastic tank while cutting a hole in the gas tank with my cutting torch.:D:D

Sooooo, what you're saying is, they're a little fragile?? 😂😂😂

Nice fish and very cool boat!

MNfisher
02-10-2016, 06:10 PM

Hahahaha

Mike

Alphahawk
02-10-2016, 06:41 PM
Best thing to do is fish for crappie where they are so big you don't need one of those...LOL.

Regards

agelesssone
02-10-2016, 07:26 PM
Good read ALLOutdoors!

TroutFiend
02-10-2016, 08:20 PM
That is my dream boat, seen all the YouTube videos on it. Lucky lucky man!

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MickT
02-10-2016, 10:34 PM
I've had some pretty special March afternoons on that river. Spinnerbait time's coming!

AllOutdoors
02-10-2016, 10:39 PM
Best thing to do is fish for crappie where they are so big you don't need one of those...LOL.

Regards
Good play sir! For the record, I never set the hook on a short fish. The measure is simply there for the self esteem of the guy in the back of the boat. I will occasionally drop one in it so the guy in the back thinks we are catching the same size fish.

Alphahawk
02-10-2016, 11:01 PM
Good play sir! For the record, I never set the hook on a short fish. The measure is simply there for the self esteem of the guy in the back of the boat. I will occasionally drop one in it so the guy in the back thinks we are catching the same size fish.

Just messing with you. I got one of those for Christmas last year and regifted it....LOL. I carry a Hawg Trough which has been broken at the 25 inch mark. Got used to using it when I was kayaking and now continue to use it now that I'm back in a boat. Sore Lip'Em All!

Regards

AllOutdoors
02-10-2016, 11:45 PM
Just messing with you. I got one of those for Christmas last year and regifted it....LOL. I carry a Hawg Trough which has been broken at the 25 inch mark. Got used to using it when I was kayaking and now continue to use it now that I'm back in a boat. Sore Lip'Em All!

Regards
I knew you were messing with me. I got lazy and didn't use a smiley thingamagig. The hawg trough at 25" would be too short to measure my crappie. To protect it while fishing from your kayak, you should store it under the cowling on the outboard.... this assuming it's 200hp or more.:eek:

Travis C.
02-10-2016, 11:52 PM

Regards

I have a tough time getting fish to reach where the numbers start on the hawg trough much less 25". :D

Travis C.
02-10-2016, 11:54 PM
Nice sled AllOutdoors.

You buy it local?

AllOutdoors
02-11-2016, 12:14 AM
That is my dream boat, seen all the YouTube videos on it. Lucky lucky man!

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you. I ran outboard jets for quite a while, but made the mistake of taking a test ride in one. It is a blast to drive. It turns on a dime and runs super skinny.

AllOutdoors
02-11-2016, 12:15 AM
I have a tough time getting fish to reach where the numbers start on the hawg trough much less 25". :D
Perfect!

AllOutdoors
02-11-2016, 12:17 AM
Nice sled AllOutdoors.

You buy it local?
From Kevin Turner. Hilsboro, Missouri. He is the owner.

SAMBOLIE
02-11-2016, 07:53 AM

Travis, I designed my own measuring board using an old cloth tape measure.

Just cut off the first 6 or 8 inches (or more ) as desired and any fish will measure. I always release the trophy sized gills that I measure.:D

SAMBOLIE
02-11-2016, 07:56 AM
Thank you. I ran outboard jets for quite a while, but made the mistake of taking a test ride in one. It is a blast to drive. It turns on a dime and runs super skinny.

I have always wanted to ride in one of those. If you ever give demos let me know. Give me notice so I can grab a box of Depends.

TnCreekMaster
02-11-2016, 08:09 AM
Definitely jealous, kinda funny though thats the same boat I've been looking into buying. What kind of jet pack you got on that rig? and fellas it looks like we're going to get a good taste of spring later next week. Whites and saugers should really get going if the weather holds, full moon is next sunday

Reel Tune
02-11-2016, 11:06 AM
Thanks for the clarification on the measuring device, and I can't get over that boat. I was looking at one about 2 years ago, but with rumors of my job moving, I just couldn't do it.

AllOutdoors
02-11-2016, 11:39 AM
Definitely jealous, kinda funny though thats the same boat I've been looking into buying. What kind of jet pack you got on that rig? and fellas it looks like we're going to get a good taste of spring later next week. Whites and saugers should really get going if the weather holds, full moon is next sunday
It has a 200hp mercury sport jet.

notorious
02-11-2016, 10:19 PM
It's a secret. But the dirty, chocolate milk Duck that has no fish comes to mind. These even came from that skanky water.http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/02/09/11d1402c23021c637383ee2c80a7cb8e.jpg

I caught a water moccasin about where you are at years ago...just sayin.

AllOutdoors
02-12-2016, 04:52 AM
I caught a water moccasin about where you are at years ago...just sayin.
Where am i?:D I see several water snakes each year and a few cotton mouths. I try not to catch them though.:eek: