PDA

View Full Version : Old Hickory Lake fishing report 5/20/2015

tacklemake
05-21-2015, 02:17 AM
Mr. ED and I went out yesterday and I hooked 8 bass and landed 5. The three I lost were on the shaky head wide gap hook and this makes 6 big bass I have lost on this style jig. Looks like I'm staying with the wide gap hook worm rig it works better for me. Mr. ED likes using small jigs with a float and he caught one small bass and three bluegills on a black/chart twister tail grub and I was using a june bug fuzzy beaver on the shaky head and the 8" june bug lizard on the Texas style worm rig. All fish were caught in three to ten foot of water and released for another day. The water temperature was 71.4 and sunny, so till the next time out good luck and GOD BLESS.................WOODY

sidthesquid
05-21-2015, 01:12 PM
Mr. ED and I went out yesterday and I hooked 8 bass and landed 5. The three I lost were on the shaky head wide gap hook and this makes 6 big bass I have lost on this style jig. Looks like I'm staying with the wide gap hook worm rig it works better for me. Mr. ED likes using small jigs with a float and he caught one small bass and three bluegills on a black/chart twister tail grub and I was using a june bug fuzzy beaver on the shaky head and the 8" june bug lizard on the Texas style worm rig. All fish were caught in three to ten foot of water and released for another day. The water temperature was 71.4 and sunny, so till the next time out good luck and GOD BLESS.................WOODY

Bombshell
05-21-2015, 04:01 PM
Thanks for the reports on old hickory. Them are some nice fish you've been catching.

Alphahawk
05-21-2015, 04:26 PM
Another good report Woody. A little on the cool side today.

Regards