FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 08-05-2021, 10:15 AM

Default Bluecat at Williamsport

Anyone been there recently? Going Saturday morning to check it out. I'm not opposed to another lake there if it's better at the moment. I do need to be able to back a bass boat into it though. Thanks
Old 08-05-2021, 01:07 PM

Default Blue Cat

Hey Juice,

BTW, I just responded to your pm on the Elk River from last Sept. Sorry for the delay, I almost never log into this site anymore.

I fished Blue Cat a whole bunch with my sons last summer and this spring. Honestly, I found it very, very tough, which is a shame. I used to catch huge lunkers in there with TX-rigged worms and crankbaits. The pressure at Blue Cat is unreal. It's a small lake and people are beating the banks from sunrise right up until close. I think electronics would be key there.

Honestly, the best luck I've had there recently is using a rooster tail.

Good luck!
Old 08-05-2021, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Marshall View Post
Hey Juice,

BTW, I just responded to your pm on the Elk River from last Sept. Sorry for the delay, I almost never log into this site anymore.

I fished Blue Cat a whole bunch with my sons last summer and this spring. Honestly, I found it very, very tough, which is a shame. I used to catch huge lunkers in there with TX-rigged worms and crankbaits. The pressure at Blue Cat is unreal. It's a small lake and people are beating the banks from sunrise right up until close. I think electronics would be key there.

Honestly, the best luck I've had there recently is using a rooster tail.

Good luck!

Hey, man. No worries on the response. I've not really done much on here either for a while.

I was a little concerned about the fishing pressure on the lake. Figured i might be around a bunch of people in kayaks and other small boats. I've got the electronics to find about anything I need to. I'm just hoping to stumble into some bass and maybe find some Hybrid hanging out.
Old 08-09-2021, 10:20 AM

So, the trip to Bluecat did not go as planned. We caught 7, all about the same size. My trolling motor ended up crapping out on me so we had to cut the day early. While idling back to the ramp I noticed that the lake is prettty much a bowl, no real structure of any kind. There were a lot of what look like blue gill beds covering the bottom, every depth so I know it was not beds. Kinda strange looking.