Thread: Hybrids, priest
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2021, 09:03 AM

Depends on wind, but most of the time I launch at four corners and run toward the dam. There are not many ramps I would leave my vehicle at. All my hybrid fishing is from the hobson pike bridge to the dam. It is day to day, didn't catch much Monday, maybe 4 fish, but last night myself and a friend hammered them. From 11 pm to 3 am we caught one every 2 or 3 cast on everything we threw, jumping minnow, pro sizzle jr, redfin, cork and fluke and 4" floating spro. I don't eat them, he kept a couple. 58 qt cooler.

I don't apologize but I am not giving out exact locations. I have spent hundreds and hundreds of hours chasing these fish. All I can tell you is they are findable, just have to spend the time to find them. For sure don't hesitate to fish top water in the middle of the lake in deep water. they can and will be anywhere. One thing I can't convince people of, is I rarely see a blowup, well other than when they hit a lure, almost never see a blow up. If they are blowing up, the fishing is usually not near as good.

Also, for many years, I fish most every single day or night, once I found some fish, they would be there at the same time every day from a few days to as long as 2 weeks. The past few years, they seem to be somewhere different every single time I go. I have no clue why, but it is rare I catch them in the same place at the same time 2 days in a row. I burn a lot of gas chasing them, and some days not only do I not catch a fish, I don't even get a hit, not one. It is weird to, I will pull up, catch one or a couple or several follows or pushes and then nothing. Used to, if you caught a fish or got hit there would be several if not a bunch of hybrids there. I cover a lot of water chasing them, but it is sure worth it when I find them. Last night was rare, we didn't even try to count, but the average hybrid was close to 9 lbs. Those are fun.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hybrid 2 2021.jpg (292.8 KB, 46 views)

Last edited by Headhunter; 04-28-2021 at 09:14 AM.