View Single Post
Old 08-30-2021, 11:29 AM

Default What are the odds ?

I have always loved to fish, but have never been all that good with it. Oh I have good days, but more bad then good. However I have to admit that as a boy it was trout fishing in New England, late teens was fishing for bass in Fla and then after 25 yrs of nothing Bass and Catfishing here in Tenn.

I know there are guys that seem to catch all the time... key phrase is seems to or claim to. I mean even your pros don't always catch fish, so this is where I question people that claim to catch every time they go out. Which leads me to to this post...

I know when it comes to fishing I'm not the best, not even mediocre most times so allow me to say I'm not a sore or a poor loser. I join in my local group of cat fishermen to be a part of something, making new friends.

BUT.... There is this old man and his grandson that looks like he could be a cast member in Deliverance. I swear something is up with these two cause they are in the money every single time, most time winning. Their fish size is consistent, always around 18 lbs with 5-7 fish with the occasional 8,9, 10 lber.

My suspicions are based on comparing their catch against what the other guys catch, which they have good and bad days.

It seems too consistent in my book, like they're trying to not draw attention by bringing in too much fish. They hardly ever move once they anchor. All the while every one else is bouncing up and down the river working for their catch, these two might move once or twice and hardly ever the same place twice.

I swear they chum different locations between tourn which are every 2 weeks as we fishing out of different ramps between Carthage and Hartsville.

Am I just over thinking this, Could my suspicions be possible, someone placing everytime and weighing in at around the same weight within a few lbs and consistently placing top 3..?

I question them not because I lose.. I never go with the expectation of winning, but rather that my money is going to cheaters

What are the odds ? Can someone be so lucky every time ?

Last edited by Flatline; 08-30-2021 at 11:32 AM.