View Single Post
Old 04-19-2018, 11:34 PM
Owner and Administrator

Smile Be Patient ... <'TK><

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKTrevecca View Post
The big girls are what I'm after. So far my PB is 42 pounds. Now I want a 50 lber. I suppose the only way to fish for them when the corp is pushing 30k+ ft3 of water is to tie up near the bank and fish stationary perhaps using boards to pull the baits out towards the middle of the river. I've been trying to float with this current using boards and down-lines and it's difficult to say the least.

As always, thank you for the info TK. You are a wealth of knowledge and I appreciate you always sharing it with us.

I might get out there tomorrow morning and keep trying for that 50 Lber. Somebody has to catch em... why not me!?
Be Patient ... Two or more Gens running is a real chore.. Almost worth staying Home ... Watch the gen schedules daily ... You want one running..... Go with the flow, Boards and healthy bait... Stay out of the middle ... Fish your structure... Rocks, wing walls, etc. Remember this is Spring you will have a lot of tree and log jams and tree slides ... That a good percentage was not there last year.

To be successful at catching trophy's you need to do your home work and spend a lot of time on the water and not necessarily fishing ... Study maps, your electronics, and search out alternative fishing areas that are known to hold Stripers but may be in back waters and not necessarily in the main flow of the Cumberland .... Keep good notes like mentioned in the post above. But the main thing ... Be safe and wear your PFD especially when throwing a cast net and always have a knife readily available on your person. <'TK><