FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > General Discussion > Sports Lounge - General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 11-18-2012, 07:16 PM

Default Zebco 202

I bought my niece and nephews brand new Zebco 202s for Christmas and was surprised how crappy they are... I'm 42 years old and remember when Zebco was what my grandfather and uncles considered reliable and trustworthy. Now they're just crap.
I can understand companies moving manufacturing jobs overseas to avoid ridiculous regulations, but they should at least maintain their standards..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-18-2012, 07:20 PM

I got my 3 Y/O son one also. I ended up taking the reel off and putting a 33 on it. He wanted to keep the green rod..
Old 11-20-2012, 07:53 PM

Crappy or crappie. Now that Alpha has a crappie rod and reel.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:54 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Years ago I was fishing on the catwalk with an elderly gentlman that taught me what little I know about Striper fishing at Pickwick. There were only 3 of us on the catwalk that day. We were jigging right next to the wall. The elderly man and me were catching some nice Stripers...nice for Pickwick anyway....between 10 and 14 pounds. Now it is something when a Striper hits and you only have about 8 feet of line out straight down. The other man there....from Iuka Mississippi....kept saying "I wish I could hook a fish like those". Well he was fishing with a plastic Zebco 404. That was a big...but cheap reel. As he was jigging straight down a Striper hit it. His pole doubled up and that Zebco 404 started making grinding noises...and then it exploded into about 50 pieces.....LOL. The man just packed up his tackle box and walked to the car...didn't say a word. I still see my elderly friend down there from time to time and we always ask each other "Have you seen the man from Iuka" and we both have a big laugh. Don't know what that guy was thinking trying to hook one of those on that reel. But I am old enough to remember when Zebco made a good product.

Regards