FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 02-17-2011, 08:29 PM
Chasin'Bait

Talking Caney Fork questions?

Hey guys and gals! It's been a while since I've been on here and I just had a coupla quick questions... Hope everybody's doing great and the fishing's been what you've hoped it would be!

I've got a four day camping trip planned for the Caney starting next Wed and I need some generic info... Surely Bd or TravisC could help me out!

First, is the shad kill still going on on the Caney and if so, how much longer do you think it will continue? Also, Have most of the larger fish staged themselves in the upper stretch or are they starting to disperse?

The one thing I wanna know the most is, are the walleyes still in the upper Caney Fork this time of year? I would LOVE to get a few of those for the fry pan! If anybody could help me with that, I'd greatly appreciate it!!!

Also, anybody been fishing at night on the Caney? If so, have you seen or heard the big girls busting the surface?

Any info would help greatly, and you can PM me if you don't want the world to know the answers I'm asking for... If you've ever seen the detailed reports and advice I have given in my threads on here, you'll know, I will return the favor when you need to ask advice on any Middle Tn fishing you need help with!

Thanks so much everybody! ....Great to be back on here!!!

Last edited by Chasin'Bait; 02-17-2011 at 08:35 PM.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:40 PM

Hey man, it has been a while. What you been doing?

I haven't been up there in a while but have seen some random posts on other forums that suggest there was a kill going on. People have been pretty tight lipped about it. Most of the good reports were about a month ago.

Regardless even a few weeks after the main rush on them you can get the to still eat anything resembling a dying shad. I'd definitely still go with that in mind.

That is about all I have heard from up there. Like I said people have been pretty tight lipped.

Maybe bd will be of more help.