FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 02-04-2011, 01:17 PM

Default Anyone having luck at OH Dam?

I was just wondering if anyone has been having luck below OH Dam recently? If so, whats been working for you? I went this morning and got absolutely skunked. I didn't even get a nibble. I checked the TVA website before I headed out and felt the release data looked good and they had 2 or more generators going. So I was pretty surprised the fish were inactive. I even walked up to the gens to see if I could entice some saugers to bite, but no luck there either. I tried everything jig I had; twister tails, mini flukes, sliders. Tried white, chart., orange, and white/chart.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:25 PM
smellsfishy

I went last Saturday for a few hours. Caught a few short spots and two others that pushed 4 lbs each. Only problem was the big ones were drum. Oh well, they fight too. Spots were caught on suspending cranks baits, drum on white grubs.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:50 AM
hogdawg

We went this past Monday and they were running 2 generators when we got there but before long they were running all generators fully. Almost impossible to sauger fish in that current. Caught 0 sauger and 1 drum. Went from the dam all the way to the mouth of the Stones with no luck. Water temp at the mouth of the Stones was 36 degrees. I think the water temp needs to warm a little.
Old 02-05-2011, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdawg View Post
Water temp at the mouth of the Stones was 36 degrees.
Thats a bit chilly. I fished below Nashville Friday with no luck. Mainly checking out some bait and how they moved in the water as to whether I wanted them in the box or not.