FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 05-24-2011, 07:11 AM

Fishing in the stones river yesterday it was amazing how loud they were. Where I was fishing the river is thick tree lined and by the time I left my ears were ringing. It made it difficult to talk to my buddy just a few yards away. The ones falling in the river were getting attacked.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:43 AM
RiverShoes

I fished the marina at Ashland city yesterday, and saw several get sucked down when they fell onto the water. Was pretty cool.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:38 AM
Baxter83

Quote:
Originally Posted by clean air View Post
Still not in manchester yet.
This is weird. I'm at AEDC and don't hear them at all, but at home in Winchester you can barely hear yourself talk from them. I guess they just haven't made their way over here yet...
Old 05-26-2011, 02:34 PM
clean air

I was at the ballfield in Manchester yesterday and could hear some off in the distance and saw one in the driveway at my house but thats it for around hear.We were covered in them last time they came out.Maybe they will start showing up soon.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:08 PM

Cleanair, If they haven't emerged yet doubt they will. Grab a few in a cricket holder and head to some water. It almost not even fun, almost.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:18 PM

Well here's the report from the Calfkiller river when I went on Monday. There isn't a single cicada in that part of TN, very odd. I did, however, find access to wadeable water and absolutely slaughtered striped bass and hybrids out there. I caught a total of 16, also caught a spotted bass and 2 redeye bass. It was a heck of a day. I caught most of them on a rapala and also on a soft plastic jig, pumpkinseed color.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:35 AM

I've been through Gallatin (Creeks and OHL), White House, Springfield, Joelton (Marrowbone), Nashville, Mt. Juliet, Lebenon, Gordonsville, Lancaster, Cookeville, Carthage, Hartsville (Goose Creek), and back to Gallatin the last 2 days. The bugs are everywhere and loud. There are even frogs chiming in with the Cicada's on the Caney (Dam area) making it even louder. No matter where I stopped the fish will hammer a Cicada patterned fly. #6 Black body with Orange hilites. Olive has also been working at different times. The nice thing about the size of bug is you only get BIG fish.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:06 AM

I floated the Harpeth Wednesday. Water was higher than I like and the wind was brutal. Saw lots of Cicadas, even fished with them a couple times. Pretty slow day, I got broke off on the only decent fish I had. Everything else was Redeyes or Bluegill.