FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 06-21-2017, 07:45 AM

Default Caney Fork question

I am going to be on vacation July 7-14. I plan on fishing the Caney all week. I usually wade fish no generation or fish up by the dam if they are running 2 gens a lot due to rain. My question is this: I have been watching the generation schedule for the last week and it appears they are pulse generating 1 generator part of the day and running one solid for 10-12 hours. So the water is probably not going to be falling out at all or stay high. My question is does anyone have any tips on fishing from the bank during these conditions? The lake level is still fairly high and I'm afraid they are going to continue to draw it down. I need to find someway to adapt and still be able to fish.

Thanks,

Jon
Old 06-21-2017, 09:42 AM

Plus,be aware that this past week the schedule has changed during the day. Yesterday it was suppose to be no generating between 8AM and 1PM.It got changed while I was way down river to 11AM. So keep your ears open for the horn and keep checking the web.
Old 06-21-2017, 10:21 AM

Sent you a PM
Old 06-23-2017, 12:04 PM

Thumbs down

I just noticed they have the sluice gate open at the dam according to the website. Not looking good at all for my vacation.
Old 06-23-2017, 05:32 PM
TN Transplant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon1977 View Post
I just noticed they have the sluice gate open at the dam according to the website. Not looking good at all for my vacation.

Just the extra constant 250 from the sluice doesn't amount to a whole lot flow wise. But when they start generating, the sluice is about the same as another generator running and it gets dangerous around the dam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk