FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 02-02-2013, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by commdd View Post
Alpha, great information! I have a 6 1/2 ft UL with fast tip so I should be right in the zone for both distance and hook setting capability. Thanks again for your detailed response. look forward to your reports when your back out there. regards.
I believe you were one that bought one of the rods I had at show at New Vision.I wish I had had more to sell. Plus extra reels.I could have sold more.
I thank you for your purchase.
Ed
Old 02-02-2013, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Alpha, great information! I have a 6 1/2 ft UL with fast tip so I should be right in the zone for both distance and hook setting capability. Thanks again for your detailed response. look forward to your reports when your back out there. regards.
What brand is this?
Old 02-02-2013, 07:31 PM

We sell a great 6 1/2' rod which is designed for trout and a lot of folks find it to be and excellent rod for trout.
troutmagnet.com
Old 02-02-2013, 08:06 PM

I have been looking at those on the website. Are they carried anywhere local or just online?
Old 02-02-2013, 08:27 PM

tcintn... I am sure you have very good rods and would like to compare to yours.. mine is an inexpensive quantum UL with the lightweight metal guides that were so cheap and sharp they kept cutting my line so I replaced all the guides with FUGI blvog's. i gained a few grams weight but am certain they won't cut my line like the cheap ones.. regards.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:40 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
tcintn... I am sure you have very good rods and would like to compare to yours.. mine is an inexpensive quantum UL with the lightweight metal guides that were so cheap and sharp they kept cutting my line so I replaced all the guides with FUGI blvog's. i gained a few grams weight but am certain they won't cut my line like the cheap ones.. regards.
The TM Rods are a great rod....for the price. I keep two of them for spares for when I break one of my better rods.....which I have done. I have never broke a TM rod. It too has metal guides but they are good guides. The action on them is great for trout and Gills. I fished at a local lake with one a few years back and the folks all wanted one of them....good rod at a cheap price. A tackle shop sold 10 in a few days and then I think he ordered 36 more and sold them in a few days also....LOL. If you ever see me out I will probably have one in the car just in case I need a spare. If you want I would let you try it out.

Regards
Old 02-02-2013, 08:54 PM

Alpha you are correct the very good ultralight metal guides are very expensive and what I would have gone with to replace mine.. but the budget allowed for the Fugi's.. I appreciate the offer to try out the TM rod..hope to see you out there..regards..
Old 02-02-2013, 11:46 PM

Default Trinity Series SLS-108

Do you think the truot magnet Trinity Series SLS-108 is a good real for the money.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:37 AM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post
Do you think the truot magnet Trinity Series SLS-108 is a good real for the money.
I have one of those rods...the SLS-108 is a rod.....and I paid for it. It is well worth the money for what it is. It is a 9 foot float rod made from a 9' 6" fly rod blank....it has 14 guides to take the pressure off the line. The rod only weighs 3 ounces. I have a ball with it when I fish the Trout Magnet under the float. browntrout and tcintn also have that rod and hopefully will put in their two cents on it. If you fish for trout and want a good float rod I would say get it. That rod comes with some kind of guarantee if you break it they replace it for a minimal cost.

Regards
Old 02-03-2013, 08:26 PM

[QUOTE=Alphahawk;29224]I have one of those rods...the SLS-108 is a rod.....and I paid for it. It is well worth the money for what it is. It is a 9 foot float rod made from a 9' 6" fly rod blank....it has 14 guides to take the pressure off the line. The rod only weighs 3 ounces. I have a ball with it when I fish the Trout Magnet under the float. browntrout and tcintn also have that rod and hopefully will put in their two cents on it. If you fish for trout and want a good float rod I would say get it. That rod comes with some kind of guarantee if you break it they replace it for a minimal cost.

I have two of the 9' Trinity rods and love it for when I am using the TM under the float. I have used it when I went Steel Head fishing on Salmon River and it did the job getting big fish in.And that is with 2 lb test from TM called SOS.
On my trip to 8 different states out west where I fish some great rivers and streams,it did the job.I like the rod so much I had the man who makes them make me a fly rod out of them.
When he makes these rods he goes to great detail in making sure they are balanced.
You want go wrong with the rod.
The bet combo is that rod with the Stradic reel.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphahawk View Post
I have one of those rods...the SLS-108 is a rod.....and I paid for it. It is well worth the money for what it is. It is a 9 foot float rod made from a 9' 6" fly rod blank....it has 14 guides to take the pressure off the line. The rod only weighs 3 ounces. I have a ball with it when I fish the Trout Magnet under the float. browntrout and tcintn also have that rod and hopefully will put in their two cents on it. If you fish for trout and want a good float rod I would say get it. That rod comes with some kind of guarantee if you break it they replace it for a minimal cost.

Regards
That is 1 of the best rods that I have ever fished with. I really like it for fishing out of a yak with. Not only can you use it for trout it makes a great rod for fishing the "Float and Fly" setup using the Trout Magnet for smallmouth. That is a deadly setup that doesnt get mentioned much. Very productive on Centerhill and Dale Hollow.
That rod is on the pricey side but you WILL NOT BE SORRY if you get one.

Roy
Old 02-03-2013, 09:39 PM

Thanks for the info guys. I'm going to get one an give it a try.
Old 06-13-2015, 01:46 PM

I was looking into getting the TM Trinity rod since I have been using the float technique for trout a lot lately, but I still go back to the twitch method when I get into swifter water. Had anyone tried this method with the Trinity Rod?

Andy
Old 06-13-2015, 02:04 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutFiend View Post
I was looking into getting the TM Trinity rod since I have been using the float technique for trout a lot lately, but I still go back to the twitch method when I get into swifter water. Had anyone tried this method with the Trinity Rod?

Andy

I'm on TM Pro Staff and I promote their products. But I will also tell you my honest opinion. The Trinity rod is great for fishing the float.....none better. But I wouldn't twitch with it. I have one and use it when float fishing. To me the Trinity rid is too long to twitch properly......although many do it. You will get tired real quick twitching with that rod. Just my opinion.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-13-2015, 02:10 PM

Gotcha, thank you for your help. I had a feeling that was the case, just making sure. I have no problem carrying 2 rods in the boat or down to the Riverside.

Andy