FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 05-16-2017, 08:42 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Default 150 off the wall.

"150 off the wall".........hit Pickwick early this morning. The flood gates at Pickwick just closed a few days ago after being open for almost 3 weeks. I was pretty sure there would still be a big presence of white bass...and there was. What really surprised me was that they were spilling milk.....I didn't really notice that until I was cleaning my boat up. I would have thought the spawn would have been over but I guess not. I headed to the wing wall and as I approached I saw a boat tucked back in behind it....I thought well I will have to go elsewhere.....but as I got closer I noticed it was my fishing buddy and fellow Trout Magnet user. He waved me in and we tagged teamed white bass for about 5 hours. Both of us throwing a ThunderHawk Dancer on a 1/8 ounce Micro Dancer jig head. Cast to the wall...count it down and hold on! I caught well over 150 white bass...and so did James......there were a few bluegills mixed in. The fish were really nice....fighting hard and trying to head for the 40 foot depth that we were sitting in. These fish were "diggin"! I was using a Major Craft Truzer UL Ajing rod with 4# test SOS line. Water temps were 72 degrees and flow was 40,000 CFS. The drag was screaming all day.....it was a fish every cast. It was hot today....90 degrees. When I started this morning there were about 3 dozen boat trailers in the parking lot....when we left at around 3:30 p.m. there were only 3 left....most had pulled out around 1:00 p.m. All in all a great day! Life is good!

Regards
Attached Images
File Type: png Pickwick.png (376.6 KB, 71 views)
File Type: png Pickwick2.png (415.4 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0450.jpg (2.78 MB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0452.jpg (2.73 MB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0456.jpg (2.77 MB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0458.jpg (2.94 MB, 58 views)
Old 05-16-2017, 09:00 PM
eksfish

Congrats, great day
Old 05-16-2017, 10:29 PM

Congrats to you. Fish on every cast? Sounds like my kind of fishing. Keep it up. We have completely different fishing styles, but I love coming on here and reading your posts. I don't mean that in any way but GOOD. Can't wait for the next report
Old 05-17-2017, 05:44 AM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rig View Post
Congrats to you. Fish on every cast? Sounds like my kind of fishing. Keep it up. We have completely different fishing styles, but I love coming on here and reading your posts. I don't mean that in any way but GOOD. Can't wait for the next report
Thanks for the comments. The only thing one had to figure out yesterday was to let the jig hit the base of the wall that the wing wall sits on....then slowly pull it off. I have caught some fish this spring but it has been messed up for me and where I fish at. Talked with several guys at Pickwick yesterday and they informed me the bluegill have not shown up on beds yet.....same at Laurel Hill Lake and same at Dale Hollow and Center Hill....but I will keep trying.

Regards
Old 05-17-2017, 09:21 AM

Great report. Thanks