FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 05-29-2017, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agelesssone View Post
Geez dude! Take a chill pill! Us regulars know a jab or tongue in cheek remark is used for levity.....and we don't get all sarcastic.
Hell, if we did, they would throw me, skillet, TNBronzeback, xxjuicexz, SAMBOLIE, and a few others offa here.
I, for one, would vote for skillet and juice to be throwed out but TK ain't buying it!

If you've not been booted yet I think I am safe. We did get rid of Jad2t.
Old 05-29-2017, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxthejuicexX View Post
I was wondering what depth they have moved out to. I'm going to have to go search some deeper brush piles soon. I fished Saturday and checked some shallower brush and found nothing. Once the wind picked up it was hard to fish open water. We did catch some bass shallow at first and then off shore on a ledge before the wind got bad and the pleasure boats showed up. I do have a question, When you CPR them is it hard to push their little chest in at the proper rhythm?

Ah Ah Ah, Staying alive, staying alive.
I went out for a few hours this morning. Fished shallow brush....nothing. my magic depth for bites was 11-15'. Next to brush, but not in it. The place i crappie fish rarely is very good in the morning. Surprisingly my best numbers have been the hottest parts of the day in years past. 11am-1pm.
Believe it or not, im not a crappie pro or biologist....but it seems as the sun gets up, water warms the shad/bait concentrate in bigger schools, in turn grouping the crappies up. My places are are a chunk rock bottom with scattered brush. I usually pick off the fish in the brush first, then slide a little deeper to just pull my minnows through pockets of bait and crappies.....give that some time then go back to my brush to pick off any new residents. It sounds crazy and maybe that sounds odd but it works. Or just coincedence. Boated a dozen in about an hour with 2 good keepers and 1 nice bass. Then Mr. Merv gave me call, i met up with him and jigged me up a nice 6# or so hybrid on a fluke. That was pretty cool! vertical jigging i would see fish on my lowrance (and my fluke) and i would work the fluke and you could see on the screen the fishing coming up to it, but none hit except the one. Had a few bumps on the blade bait doing the same thing but no hook ups. Pretty good morning over all.
Lastly, my crappie spots seem to really heat up when the cats are done spawning and on the feed. I always boat several cats a day when the summer crappies are in full swing. Water temp was 74-75 when i left.
Old 05-30-2017, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxthejuicexX View Post
If you've not been booted yet I think I am safe. We did get rid of Jad2t.
He was always looking for a better bass hole before he left. Most likely spending so much time trying all the ice holes that he has lost touch with the forum.