FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 05-13-2012, 11:29 PM
bigben30

Default bank fishing cumberland

I live in bellevue (west Nashville) and i really want to fish somewhere from the bank of the cumberland river ive been fishing the harpeth river caught a few catfish crappie and a ton of bluegill....but now i want to try my hand at the cumberland. Anyone know of some good bank fishing spots on the cumberland i can fishin from that remotely close. I been thinking about running up to scottboro and fishing from the boat put in on old hickory blvd.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:33 PM
jmull65

i have been wondering the same thing. been wanting to go out there just dont really know the area to well so hopefully we can find this out but then again no one wants to give out their fishing spots most of the time. which is understandable.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:37 PM

There's some parks around Ashland City and I think there's one at the Harpeth/Cumberland confluence....
Old 05-14-2012, 02:11 PM

There are a few areas in Bordeaux, but i don't remember where. I've seen people fishing under the old hickory blvd bridge in old hickory also.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
There are a few areas in Bordeaux, but i don't remember where. I've seen people fishing under the old hickory blvd bridge in old hickory also.
I guess the one in old hickory wouldn't be close.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:28 PM
"Rather be Fishing"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben30 View Post
I live in bellevue (west Nashville) and i really want to fish somewhere from the bank of the cumberland river ive been fishing the harpeth river caught a few catfish crappie and a ton of bluegill....but now i want to try my hand at the cumberland. Anyone know of some good bank fishing spots on the cumberland i can fishin from that remotely close. I been thinking about running up to scottboro and fishing from the boat put in on old hickory blvd.
I fished the boat launch in scottsboro at the end of OHB once with no luck. But I have learned can't judge a fishing hole by visiting once. When I fish the river from the bank, I have found that below a dam is the best bang for your buck. I like River fishing because the fish are tighly together unlike in a lake. May try Cheatham dam tail race. Catch skipjack with sabaki rig or 2" grubs on a spinning rod & reel below the dam in current. Or if shad running a castnet or dipnet will produce plenty of bait. Nightcrawlers and all the other stuff work, But I swear by cutbait for catfish. Good Luck! and have fun!
Old 05-20-2012, 12:31 PM

Go park in the Metro Center and the greenway runs along it for a ways. I used to fish it a lot when I worked down there. Now the bank has been cleared so its a ton easier to get down at water level.

One spot on the river behind the Titans practice facility was always good to fish.

They used to let you fish on the boat dock below Titans Stadium on that side of the river. Now you may have to park and take the peds bridge across. It was more a parking issue than not letting you fish. Caught plenty nice smallies against that bridge support. The more current the better but you have to let it fall right next to it which can be tough in a lot of water.