FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 04-26-2018, 07:17 AM

Default River fishing

Hey all,
Let me start by telling you all that I love striper fishing and all that goes with it! I live in SW Pa but have a place on Lake Cumberland just for fishing. We recently booked a trophy striper trip on the river near Cordell Hull that didn’t work out so well. We weren’t completely satisfied with the efforts or knowledge of our guide that we had. My buddy, who made the arrangements, gave me the job of setting up our next trip so I’m looking for recommendations. I called the number I found for Ralph Dallas but it’s no longer in service. So if any of you have any recommendations for a reputable striper guide for the river in the Carthage orCelina area I sure would appreciate it.
Thanks
Old 04-26-2018, 06:54 PM
Owner and Administrator

Cool Mmmmm .. <'TK><

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGreenlee View Post
Hey all,
Let me start by telling you all that I love striper fishing and all that goes with it! I live in SW Pa but have a place on Lake Cumberland just for fishing. We recently booked a trophy striper trip on the river near Cordell Hull that didn’t work out so well. We weren’t completely satisfied with the efforts or knowledge of our guide that we had. My buddy, who made the arrangements, gave me the job of setting up our next trip so I’m looking for recommendations. I called the number I found for Ralph Dallas but it’s no longer in service. So if any of you have any recommendations for a reputable striper guide for the river in the Carthage orCelina area I sure would appreciate it.
Thanks
Sir, I stopped guiding on the Upper Cumberland (Old Hickory & Cordell Hull) ten years ago when I retired. Then only Ralph Dallas and Fred McClintock and myself was the only ones doing so ... I really Haven't heard of anyone who does this anymore on a regular basis ... I am pretty sure Ralph and Fred, like myself have retired ... <'TK><

Last edited by tkwalker; 04-26-2018 at 07:43 PM.
Old 04-27-2018, 09:38 AM

That’s what I’m seeing for this area. Ralph’s phone is disconnected and I believe Fred has passed. I guess we can just do our best on our own, just thought we’d shorten the learning curve with a guide.
Thanks for the response.
It is more enjoyable figuring things out on your own.
Old 04-27-2018, 09:49 AM

I went out several years ago with Bob Angelo on Percy Priest. I know he fishes the Cumberland River near Carthage as I have seen him several times while striper fishing my self. He is knowledgeable and put us on the fish. http://www.fishforstripers.com/